Author Topic: Comic 071  (Read 22336 times)

VirBot

• Chat/Forum Bot
  • Bot
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • All toons intrinsically know how to build robots.
    • View Profile
on: December 25, 2009, 09:51:13 PM

This message has been auto-posted by VirBot.  VirBot is not a real person and cannot answer your replies.  VirBot has no plans to take over the world and subjugate the flesh-creatures whatsoever.

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #1 on: December 25, 2009, 09:54:54 PM
Haha you can see Lucian going "Errrr...I'll be standing wayyyy over here,,," in the second panel. ]:)

Wait... if they're thick and safe.. how are they gonna use them? ]:O

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: December 25, 2009, 11:15:54 PM
Haha you can see Lucian going "Errrr...I'll be standing wayyyy over here,,," in the second panel. ]:)
Quite so. On the other hand, in the first panel he looks all... urmm... how to describe it... "I'm so cool and self-assured I don't care and you're boring me". A bit unexpected for me, but it might be another side of our mage's personality that we hadn't seen before.

Wait... if they're thick and safe.. how are they gonna use them? ]:O
"Curses! That's the sole reason they never gained market popularity!"

And yeah, Voltar still looks younger than before. Also, he apparently lost quite a few pounds.
And... Hmm, I'd have to refer to the poster... but I thought that he was shorter by more than half of head from Lucian?
The older comics had him more rounded, shorter but wider... maybe it's decompression because of flying at high altitude? {;)
"The vision of a good trade makes me feel energetic like I'd be eighteen again!"

Awesome. {:)

PS. Have you noticed (in last halfyear worth of comics, at least) that 90% of the time we see Voltar he's saying something with wide open mouth and tongue showing, while most of the others are talking through clenched teeth?
« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 11:20:30 PM by Tvorsk »

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

LurkingWolf

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: December 26, 2009, 01:13:24 AM
He's a salesman.  One of the keys to his advertising voice is fully articulating, which is much aided by opening his muzzle.  :P

JMO

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 26, 2009, 03:50:41 AM
Reminds me of Legend of Zelda

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: December 26, 2009, 02:41:15 PM
DICT-SHUN is is very important to anyone who makes his living on his voice. I imagine that Lucian's hands are as fluid as Voltar's muzzle.

I think that Voltar would naturally try to stand taller when next to someone and trying to make a deal. It makes him look more impressive.

But hey, I'D like exploding nuts. The key is not "Cracking" them open, per-say, but rather making a hole through them, so they would act like a directed charge.

But the question is...under this facade of the "seller", is Voltar, in actuality, insecure about his position? When was the last time he actually made a sale?

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

Pontos

• View Profile
Reply #6 on: December 26, 2009, 02:59:46 PM
For starters, he secured a huge deal of airship building with the reds, so that's a BIG sale in my book |;)

Tod

• Crimson Flag Penciler, Dracula and Ekwara Artist
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
    • Ninja Hijinx
Reply #7 on: December 26, 2009, 03:52:44 PM
It's fun to see how character designs and my style shift over time, looking back at my older work.  He's not supposed to be any taller than he was - I pictured him leaning in and standing more to the front, but I'll try to make sure the height difference stands out more when I pencil more strips with him.  I kinda pictured him as more fluffy than stocky.

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 26, 2009, 08:23:08 PM
Pon: That's a common misconception. He was actually supposed to be meeting with the reds' chief engineer right now.

A ha ha ha....yeah, fluffy. ]:)

Pontos

• View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 26, 2009, 09:24:14 PM
Ah?

What misconception? Why would not attending said meeting mean they lost the accorded deal?

The meeting surely is just to see technical stuff, not to give green light to the project.

Also, if what Hubert said moments before the ship was stolen ("We should take our leave" seeing the dragon and stuff) then the meeting wasn't even going to take place right then...

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #10 on: December 26, 2009, 09:30:41 PM
Also as Geary on the chat, Comic 55 Implies that they actually sold the cores.

Together with this Batch of cheap airship cores, we're gonna make a Killing!

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: December 27, 2009, 10:45:40 PM
Oooooh, okay. I guess I missed that then. It's just that Voltar's expression in the last panel here makes me think that something more is up than just not selling off paltry items to these "heros". Perhaps, then, could he be nervous that his ship is about to be diced to pieces by an angry dragon?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 27, 2009, 10:47:18 PM
Oooooh, okay. I guess I missed that then. It's just that Voltar's expression in the last panel here makes me think that something more is up than just not selling off paltry items to these "heros". Perhaps, then, could he be nervous that his ship is about to be diced to pieces by an angry dragon?

The same dragon he never bothered looking at, is completely unaware of, and is currently watching the queen?

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Lopez

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: December 27, 2009, 11:04:00 PM
Good point. I'm just grasping at straws here, now. ]fox[ I'm just wondering what makes him so NERVOUS all of the sudden. Before this latest itineration with Voltar, I had a completely different image of his character. He struck me as a lot more self-confident, but now I can see that it's all just on a persona level, and he doesn't actually have any of this self-confidence.

Perhaps, then, he's just worried about not being in control. He's so used to having control of the situation, that now that he can do nothing, he's grasping at the one straw of control he has left: selling things. Now that even THAT'S failing, he can't hide his nervousness behind a veil of self-confidence anymore. Quite a sad character.

Did any of that make sense? ]:O

Pontos

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: December 27, 2009, 11:22:58 PM
Yes, made sense as in I understood what you wanted to say.

But it doesn't make sense because Voltar is not nervous... he's trying to profit friom the situation and sell his wares, like any other clever merchant would do >_>

I think you're over-reading stuff, again XD