Author Topic: Chase's July Pairings  (Read 31478 times)

ChaseTheFox

• Orange Fox
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Hey! It's the shapehsifting orange fox!
    • View Profile
    • My website! (Tale Chasers, character bio, worldbuilding, and more!)
on: June 23, 2014, 09:32:03 PM
Hey, folks!

My birthday is coming up next month, and I'm going to be hitting a big milestone this time around. Don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing. In any case, I'd like to do this thing again this year. I'm looking for people interested in getting pair commissions with me.

Note: If you're interested, please reply in this thread so I can keep track of who wants what. It's hard to keep everything straight if people whisper me in chat.

Rules are pretty much same as last year:

• One per person. I wanna give everyone a chance.
  • I will pay for everything but the extra character cost on pair commissions.
  • If you can find an artist to do one of these for $20 or less, I'll pay for the whole thing. But you have to put in the work to find an artist, schedule the commission, etc.
  • I'm willing to work out trades for your part of the commission.
  • This isn't limited to my ideas only. If you can come up with something I REALLY like, then it falls under the above rules as well.

Here's my list of ideas. Hope you all like 'em!

• Chase and a friend take a hike in the woods. They see something off the trail and decide to go investigate. Once they step off the path, however, they start turning into woodland critters. A sign off to the side says "Nature Preserve - Please stay on the trail!" (carrying this over from last year since no one took it)
  • Chase finds a box of magic markers that TF people by drawing directly on them. The markers cause them to have nice thick outlines and deep, vibrant colors. They are markers after all. (a spin on last year's magic drawing)
  • Chase and a friend get adventurous and go skydiving. However, when they pull the cords on their parachute packs, they turn into birds and have to fly back down to the ground instead.
  • Chase and a friend go to try some new Dragon’s Breath buffalo wings being advertised by a local restaurant. When they eat them, they literally start breathing fire while turning into dragons.
  • Someone gets sleepy and grabs a pillow and blanket to use Chase’s tail as a bed. Incidentally, his tail can be grown for this pic or he can be turned into an inflatable to make his tail an air mattress.
  • Chase and a friend get transported to a colorful new world and get to experience their own epic buddy platforming adventure. Possibility here of one or both characters being transformed, of course.
  • Chase throwing a Ha-dook-en at someone. This one is pretty simple. (Would like to get this one done in color.)
  • Ruby takes someone on an adventure with her, during which they find an ancient shrine to the goddess of beauty. Little do they know that it is cursed, however. Ruby's companion becomes TG'd (or TFTG'd) while the roo looks on at the change with an expression of confusion.
  • Malichi gets mad at someone for breaking into his lab and assimilates him/her into his legion of robotic lab workers.
  • Foxblade challenges someone to a duel. Epic swordfighting commences.

I have some other ideas, but I'm saving them for specific people. {;)

Sooo...anyone interested?
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 08:24:25 PM by ChaseReynard »

Mehlahphuse

• The sunny, gold, shapeshifting dragoness :3
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 05:40:01 AM
Well, I do like those first three ideas. I wouldn't mind taking part in this. ^.=.^

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 07:21:03 AM
As noted, I would be fine with being the backup choice for the Fox color swap. Yea, it's another grey fox cash, but I am much more vibrant than vir :P

TyVulpine

Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:42:11 AM
I would with one. I might be able to scrounge up money for one ^^

plazmastorm

• Just another feline, nothing to see here
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Oh boy...
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 11:47:16 AM
I think a merge would be fun. Count me in.

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed believing whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes."
-Morpheus

Selden

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 05:22:03 PM
I'd just like to suggest that Caleb be the one to draw the pinata picture.  He's already proven that he's good at those!

Tyla: Ty Ty ty Ty Ty Ty
Tyla: we need more tys
Selden: No, no, no. Then we'd need a tybreaker.
* Tvorsk snickers!
Tyla: ...
Tyla: that was...
Tvorsk: Tyla, the word you're looking for is "beautiful". {;)
Virmir: I need to hire Selden as an editor. [;)

Feartiger

• Dream Dweller
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 04:48:24 AM
Considering my own birthday was only last week and I barely got anything except some money from a grandparent I think I'd enjoy attempting to do a picture for you with my own hands. I actually think the "magic" marker idea would work pretty well with my one and only character since he'd naturally want to play due to his mischievous personality. Anyway just look over the art that's in my Deviant account and then let me know if you come up with any suggestion for what I should draw for you that's within my skill range, well that is if you want to.
http://feartiger.deviantart.com/

ChaseTheFox

• Orange Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 06:12:42 PM
I'd like to look into doing these starting today. So far I've got interest from Kenku, Plazma, and Fear.

I am definitely open to ideas anyone else has if they don't like any of the ones I have listed. Let's do this thing! {:)

Mehlahphuse

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 30, 2014, 09:50:35 PM
I'm interested too, Chase. Let me know if there are still ideas not taken yet or still available to do this. ^^

ChaseTheFox

• Orange Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 01, 2014, 09:27:08 PM
My bad, Mehl. I meant interest in specific items on my list. No one has approached me about the first three, last two, or the fantasy picture yet.

Mehlahphuse

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 10:03:06 PM
My bad, Mehl. I meant interest in specific items on my list. No one has approached me about the first three, last two, or the fantasy picture yet.

Well, I'm interested in the third option then on that list. ^^

Feartiger

• Dream Dweller
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: July 02, 2014, 05:47:36 AM
Well I believe I would fall under the category of not having the means to pay my portion so if you can't haggle the price down enough I'd be fine with just having the opportunity to personally draw my own version of the color swap. I could use the practice anyway so draw a couple of anthro characters along with a new species should do my work some good.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #12 on: July 02, 2014, 09:10:07 PM
Will throw my hat in for the mythical spings idea. Have no problem paying my way!  Virmir would have unintentionally fallen in or something, he he he

[fox] Virmir

Feartiger

• Dream Dweller
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 02:58:45 PM
I don't know what possessed me to do search a thing when I sat down to draw your character but, well you'll just have to see for yourself.*Facepalm*
http://feartiger.deviantart.com/art/A-Gift-for-Chase-465393013?ga_submit_new=10%253A1404417104

ChaseTheFox

• Orange Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 08:43:12 PM
Will throw my hat in for the mythical spings idea. Have no problem paying my way!  Virmir would have unintentionally fallen in or something, he he he

I think Mehl wants to do that one. I have no problem with doing a trio commission though.

I don't know what possessed me to do search a thing when I sat down to draw your character but, well you'll just have to see for yourself.*Facepalm*
http://feartiger.deviantart.com/art/A-Gift-for-Chase-465393013?ga_submit_new=10%253A1404417104

Thank you, Fear. That was nice of you. I'm definitely saving that once I get home in front of my regular computer. Haha! If you're interested in doing the drawing for the magic marker picture, let me know. My preference would be to draw each others' characters in magic marker style on this one as opposed to paying for someone to commission it.

I really need to get on the ball on this. Need to find some artists who want to do some of these for me.