Author Topic: Comic 298  (Read 13791 times)

Slimecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: May 05, 2014, 05:52:16 AM
@AmaigaDragon:
I suppose it depends on how well organized the assassin has hidden their weapons. I wish I could queue up footage, since it was fun as all heck the first time I saw it on hulu, in the anime bakemonogatori one of the main characters for the first episode has hidden something to the effect of an office supply store on her person... which is ironic because she supposedly only weighs 5kg... and then there is mousse from Ranma who uses Shaolin hidden weapons techniques

There was also a talk show from maybe 10 years ago that showed in real life how impressively a typical teenage boy could smuggle in maybe 22guns on their person without a backpack... granted one of those guns was a shotgun he smuggled down his pants and the exercise sort of lost it's credibility. The footage below is not nearly as impressive.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMA2zkodZCk  I probably got flagged by the government for looking up hidden weapons so this video comes at a price I'm sure.

We're also assuming he isn't using some sort of frost magic to create the caltrops or that he didn't prepare them while he was waiting.

Zarpaulus

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 05:24:42 PM
...huge, shiny, easy to see spikes...
"Huge" takes up lots of storage space. And how prickly would a bag of those be bouncing around as you travel with them? ];)
That shape would interlock with one another.  They wouldn't take up that much space, neither would they shift around in the bag.