Author Topic: I have a request. I want a 'comprehensive' review of my web comic.  (Read 3215 times)

Slimecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
I would like someone to actually read my comic in it's entirety before making the review, not 12 pages, not 100, but all 417pages. You can select an individual issue to complain about if you wish to do so. However, if I can point out that I already compensated for that in a later issue, you cannot claim you didn't notice it, or at the very least acknowledge I did something that you liked or was preferable to what you didn't.  

If you think you can take reviewing seriously, and are honest instead of attacking me personally or underhandedly, I won't react violently unless provoked.

I need specific __detailed__ information on how I can improve, not an opinion that has no foundation save common knowledge which I clearly don't possess, compare and contrast would be needed. I am not kidding on this, Sonichu has received better reviews, and by better I mean SUBSTANTIAL. The extent of the complaints I receive are that it's ugly, bad, or nonsensical and childish without any real explanation as to how or why other than to down talk the random nature as being common or typical among children or tweens who are inferior in some way to sophisticated morons. That isn't a good enough, or sufficient, explanation for me as I was 18 old when I created the comic and was half way though college by the time I decided to release it.  I know for a fact I am not bellow average creatively or psychologically. I also know I don't lack empathy or cognitive complexity. What I lack is understanding and I'm offering you an opportunity to help me improve __rapidly__.

If you're interested, the comic is available in my favorite arrangement format bellow.  All viewpoints are welcome, but I need specifics. If you are unwilling to explain further than the bridge of your nose don't expect me to gain anything form the exchange.

http://niotp.thecomicseries.com/archive/

A different arrangement is available for apple devices and smart phones on smackjeeves mobile...

http://www.smackjeeves.com/mobile.php

I'd provide a direct link but it appears to be down or non responsive at the moment. However, if you want to know what type of music I like to listen too, or what I assume to be limited personal information, feel free to visit my smackjeeves page. I do re-arrange the comic every so often for the purposes of editing experiments, in order to change the overall experience. Pages and posts are infrequently removed and there is a background archive for the first issue and at least one from a random encounter. I choose smackjeeves for experimental things because the user interface for authors is great. I did have to fix the window alignments a few times on their mobile set up because the comics somehow got downsized and it was a pain to fix and re align them all.

http://nio.smackjeeves.com/archive/
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:44:13 AM by Slimecat »

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Well first of all I was originally quite interested in taking a look. However right off the bat I must say I'm extremely put off by your pitch here. You write as if you expect to be viciously attacked by the reader, which firstly tells me you have little faith in the quality of your material, and secondly, you have little faith in the intelligence and integrity of this community as a whole (and by extension myself as I am the one who manages this place), which comes off as vaguely insulting. Your attitude suggests that you are having trouble getting feedback, and I wouldn't be surprised if previous pitches of this nature have turned off other potential readers as well. I know I certainly would have laughed and moved on if this weren't posted directly in my forums. You also come off as extremely demanding with your "comprehensive review or nothing" attitude which is off-putting on its own.

So yeah, negative review points at the starting line before I even start reading. [;)  Would suggest seriously rethinking your strategy before posting this anywhere else.

That said, I will still take a look. I generally read webcomics on Tuesday nights 30-60 minutes before bed (quite a bit of that time was taken up writing this today, alas, but saw you needed to be set straight here first), so 400+ pages will take me some time to get through. (Also, congrats on that much!) If by chance this does fail to catch my attention after giving it an honest shot, I will let you know why.

[fox] Virmir

Slimecat

• Newcomer
    • View Profile
thank you.