Author Topic: Joint Commissions  (Read 18143 times)

ChaseTheFox

• Orange Fox
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Hey! It's the shapehsifting orange fox!
    • View Profile
    • My website! (Tale Chasers, character bio, worldbuilding, and more!)
on: February 09, 2014, 11:28:07 PM
I'm creating this post here for anyone that wants to discuss joint commissions. I'm talking about a pair or small group people planning to put their characters together in a single commission. We probably want to keep the discussions limited here. Anything in depth like the look and content of the planned picture should be taken to PM, chat whispers, or other sources.

I, for one, am definitely interested in getting Chase or any of my other characters interacting with some of your characters. If you have a particular artist you like, I'm good with that. I generally go for TF art, something funny, or a combination of both. Here's my current list of characters: https://www.weasyl.com/characters/chasereynard

Edit: Because joint commission sounds better than co-op commission.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 10:07:54 PM by ChaseReynard »

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: February 09, 2014, 11:59:03 PM
I might be interested in joining a TF-related or other group pic (by some other artist! [;)) I don't have anything in particular in mind so will see if other interested parties have suggestions!

[fox] Virmir

Caleb_Lloyd

• Fat fox thief
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 10, 2014, 08:13:34 AM
I'd be up for doing a joint commission as well! Curious how a pizzafox could interact with your characters, but I'm sure we can talk about that and discuss.

Both a group commission and a co-op sort deal is fine by me!

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 10, 2014, 03:16:38 PM
Having had a fun commission with Trask and with Pontos before along thoes lines, I would be happy to join this agian ^^

Karina

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: February 10, 2014, 04:11:44 PM
I would also be interested in doing something like this.

ChaseTheFox

• Orange Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 10, 2014, 10:53:30 PM
Caleb came up with the idea of a before-and-after (or maybe only the after part) picture of a group sitting down in a diner. They eat. They transform. Potential hilarity ensues. So far we have the following people involved:

Currently interested
Caleb (into dragon via pepperoni pizza - remains oblivious, happily eating his pizza)
Chase (into crane via corn on the cob - surprised with cob sticking halfway out of beak)
Virmir (into feral deer via salad - confused and sitting on his haunches)
Kenku (into pangolin via toasted termites - look of confusion on his face as his new sticking tongue flicks)
Dmitriy (into otter via fish - looks around confused at every else's changes)
Medik (into squid via calamari - bouncy and annoying throughout)
Lurking (into squirrel via bowl of nuts - ravenously and enthusiastically eating more of the nuts)
Toast (from human to newt via exotic larva dish - in shock at transformation, looking back at new tail)

Potential artists
Rawr: (Still trying to get a price from him...)
kitsunefan: "For softshading 4 characters with a background would be $80 , maybe a tiny bit more if any of the characters are super complex"
KeetahSpaceCat: "Well it'll be 25+ 5 for each extra character. If you'd like a second page to it, I take off 10 dollars for using the same background, so second page would be 30."
fox0808: "something like this would be about $35-$40 per character, and then with a background as well, I'd probably add on another 10-20 based on details! I would say this would be anywhere from 150-180 for a single page"
Betsy: (Interested, but need refs first before giving an estimate)
Jac, larathelabrat, and Seb don't seem to be taking commissions currently.

I think we have 4 votes for Keetah right now?
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 07:37:56 PM by ChaseReynard »

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 10, 2014, 11:02:06 PM
I don't actually know what I want to end up myself. Something odd like a pangolin would be cool, although Im ok with a "Burrito" joke making me a donkey as well if you wanted to go that like.

Caleb_Lloyd

• Fat fox thief
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: February 13, 2014, 11:18:58 PM
For Caleb, he'd probably be happily eating pizza through on through and probably be oblivious to the change. Though surrounding there's be some differences. Big foxes make for big dragons, so the chair he sat on would break to pieces and he'd be sitting on the floor after eating the pizza.

I'll try and think of any other ideas for my part. Though I'm always happy to hear suggestions.

Ref's----
Standard Caleb
Dragon Caleb 1 Dragon Caleb 2
« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 07:17:04 PM by Caleb_Lloyd »

BuoyantBliss

• Floaty Balloon
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Helium and hydrogen are the best! <3
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 14, 2014, 07:49:48 AM
Thanks for considering me, guys! :3
If this thread lasts for a month or something, maybe later I'll eventualy be able to take on this.
But currently, my art block doesnt make it any easier with the 5 commissions I have to do... X~X

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #9 on: February 14, 2014, 01:55:28 PM
No worries, Sebastos. I've been there many times, ha ha (Probably going to have to keep commissions closed myself so I can accomodate the huge upcoming kart pic.)

Based on the list of those currently available, I'll vote on Keetah. That's an extremely good price, plus I've never been drawn by this artist before. With the cheap price we'd be able to go with a before and after pic, if people are up for it.

Virmir
Reference: http://art.by.virmir.com/art/virmir_reference_2012
Virmir is 3'6" so is probably going to be small compared to others (though not terribly concerned about getting sizes exact)

Before:
Grumpy, like he got dragged into this. Possible shifty eyes. Eating a salad.

After:
Deer! Deer are larger than foxes, so there should be a size increase. Probably feral is best with long spindly deer legs. Possibly sitting on his haunches, confused. Include antlers. Keeping the gray coloration is fine. Antennae-hair must remain (important!)

Also, I'd like to pay for Medik.

Medik
References: http://art.by.virmir.com/art/paint_job (on the left!)
http://art.by.virmir.com/art/volleyball_color (but not buff)
http://art.by.virmir.com/art/political_negotiations
Medik is smaller than Virmir.

Before:
Medik is near Virmir, being bouncy and annoying. Possibly talking loudly or bugging him and contributing to his grumpiness. His food is a plate of calimari.

After:
Squid! Probably keep the tan coloration. Big long tentacles. He's still bouncing around the confused Virmir, mostly unphased by his situation.

[fox] Virmir

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 14, 2014, 02:01:03 PM
Lets see so for:

KF: 20-30 per person, 40-60 Im guessing if there is a second image
Keetah: 18 per person for 2 images
Fox: 50-60 per person

Perhaps Keetah is best here. As much as Fox would be interesting.

My ref: http://www.furaffinity.net/view/8038922/

LurkingWolf

• View Profile
Reply #11 on: February 14, 2014, 05:47:42 PM
I'd be interested, still working on a specific idea, though.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: February 14, 2014, 06:35:15 PM
Would love to have ya Lurking. But yea, at most it will be 25 or so per person probably, with the discount for the second pic meaning less and less.

ChaseTheFox

• Orange Fox
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: February 14, 2014, 11:58:03 PM
Updated the post with more summaries of the changes.

I will throw my hat in the ring and put in a vote for Keetah as well. Her work looks good, and she seems very interested in doing the unique TFs.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: February 15, 2014, 10:29:49 AM
Screw it, I'm in.

Before:  I'd be the lone human looking rather confused at being surrounded by real furries.  Brown hair, gray eyes, pale-ish white skin befitting a nerd who never steps outside.  Red t-shirt and jeans and black shoes.  The food item would be a exotic cooked worm/larva looking thing

After: Rough-skinned newt.  Bipedal, but still *looking* more feral than anthro (short legs and the like).  Should be rather purple-ish in hue like the following ref appears.  Twisting head around backward in shock to catch a glimpse of large, long new tail that's burst out the back and ripped apart the pants (general ripped clothing here is a plus).  

Ref: http://www.wonderlab.org/uploads/image/exhibits/fitzgerald-hall-nature/animal_info/newt274.png (dunno what the actual color is, but it looks rather purplish
and that's what I'd like to see)

Also, voting for Keetah as well
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 05:19:30 PM by Radioactive_Toast »

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️