Author Topic: Regarding my prolonged absence  (Read 3884 times)

Dragyn

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Canonfodder
on: August 28, 2013, 11:42:43 PM
Some of you may have noticed that I haven't been around much, of late.  There are reasons for this, and they are thus:

Fayth (my wife) and I are in the process of crafting for ourselves a new home, so we can stop living on her parents land.  As such, I have spent much of my time clearing land to set up a tipi (a definite step up from the bus we've been in), and trying to make ready for winter.

I'm posting this now, because we plan to move out there this weekend, and, Horror of Horrors, there is no internet on our land as yet.

I'm hoping to get in'net out there soonish, but I have to clear the land well enough to get a signal, and make it easily accessible for the techs to set it up...so I have to clear around 600 ft. of trail and make a way to run a cable for most of it, so it'll likely take some time.

Rural internet takes actual work to get, and you still have to pay for it.  Honestly, it's amazing you can even get internet out there.  Microwave internet for the win.

I'll try to pop in, but I'll probably be even quieter than I have been--after all, I'll only be on the in'net on public WiFi, or at friends' houses.

Wish us luck!

TL;DR: I'm not gonna' be around for a while.  

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 11:56:09 PM
Good luck, have as much fun as possible, stay safe.
And all that jazz.

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 04:32:49 PM
Best of luck, Dragyn. You don't need it, you'll do great job anyway... but I'm sure you'll find a way to use it to make things easier. {:)

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 09:10:21 PM
Just try to keep low on the drug-induced spirit quest visions.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.