Author Topic: CF Meet-up  (Read 6931 times)

Shifting Sands

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
on: August 18, 2013, 05:20:10 PM
So Toast discouraged me from making this post before sorting out things BUT TOO BAD I HAD THE IDEA AND NOW I'M WRITING IT DOWN.

Obviously a meet-up for Crimson Flag has been talked about for a long time. But can we actually get something together that works and people show up for and will be talked about as an awesome time for everyone? (look I need to garner excitement)

Anyway, I had the idea of taking that time to create a meet-up for all CF people who want to show up. No idea where it would be exactly, but anybody who can show is welcome to I think. Just need to sort out finer details with people who know what they're doing, and by then I think some people could save enough for such an event or whatever.

Also I had the idea of playing Super Smash Bros. during it and I couldn't pass that up and yes that may be the main reason I'm writing this up currently.

So ideas or opinions, anyone? Is two years too far or too close? Any more game ideas? Where should it take place? Will Virmir actually freaking show up?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2013, 05:23:21 PM by Medik Jackal »

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 05:23:07 PM
Id be cool with this. Transportation right now is my crutch although. Getting anywhere out of state will require me to be in a better position License and Car wise, but hey, if it somehow ended up in DC area, definitly.

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 05:24:58 PM
Two years sounds reasonable.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

foxgamer01

• Solid Fox, Daren Crevan
  • Allons-Y
    • View Profile
    • Foxgamer01 of DA
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 05:28:09 PM
I would like to come too. Hopefully this wouldn't be far from where I live and that I can get a job that gives me enough money to go there. Well, I would like to know where 'there' is, though. XD

(19:14:28) Virmir: All of Foxgamer's pics are either super happy or BATTLE.
(19:14:53) Virmir: Except that one roo one.
--

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 08:47:58 PM
Will Virmir actually freaking show up?

This is unfortunately counter-productive towards my life goal of meeting as few people as possible. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 10:29:39 PM
This is unfortunately counter-productive towards my life goal of meeting as few people as possible. [;)

VIRMIR'S HOUSE WILL BE THE MEET-UP SPOT!

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 11:24:01 PM
This'd be interesting, but as of right now I have not the funds or freedom of transportation to go too far. (Plus, welding school. Eats up a lot of time.)
I'm operating out of near Cincinnati, OH, if that helps anything with logistics.

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 08:05:16 PM
Unless it happened to be somewhere pretty close to the northwestern corner of the US, I don't see me being able to make it...and I don't see Virmir coming up to the lands of snow and winter. :P

NateB

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: August 20, 2013, 07:30:01 AM
I'm down for any sort of CF meetup, even if I barely know most of you guys xD.  Gotta figure out where the majority of users are and make it closest to that...  I'm in Massachusetts :p

Caprice

• That guy with the tail
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 27, 2014, 02:21:47 AM
Well, I'm in Illinois.

wolfie_inu

• N00by McN00bface
  • Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
    • "Verlore Geleentheid" webcomic
Reply #10 on: May 27, 2014, 04:06:46 AM
I'm in Africa, so let's compromise and meet up in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean

I'll wipe that supercilious smile off your diabolical dial with a systematic swipe that will horizontalize your perpendicularity.