Author Topic: Proposed Game: "Rym: Second Sunlight" [High Fantasy, TF][Rules-Light]  (Read 22316 times)

Snow

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
How's this Friday?

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
I don't actually know when you're planning the next segment of this, but as a reminder I am usually unable to make Fridays. Last time was mostly serendipity. I am clear most other days of the week.
To be more clear: on any given Friday, I can't get on until at least 11est, usually later. Wednesdays are not preferred, but any evening other than Friday is feasible.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Fax

• View Profile
I can do pretty much any evening except for monday to wednesday evening

Snow

• View Profile
I failed at reading comprehension, apparently. How would Sunday be? Failing that, Thursday the 21st rather than today (the 12th)? I could maybe do a shorter session on the 12th if you want to play sooner.

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

Snow

• View Profile
Re: Brishen's stunts, the Accelerated book suggests you should do "Leaf On the Wind" as one of these:
-Once per session, avoid one attack completely if there's room to dodge.
The second sounds closer to what you said -- 1/session, but free to use. FAE's stunts are either that "1/session, do something cool and useful" or "whenever, get a flat +2 in a specific circumstance". The core book has some other options that'd be okay too, like "whenever you succeed at X, there's a level-2 advantage of some kind". (Their example is "when spraying automatic gunfire successfully on an attack, there's so much lead in the air that enemies have a +2 difficulty to move around in that area for one turn".)

One other thing about Brishen: everybody ought to have some aspect reflecting that they're marked by Kij, which might get bad guys to recognize they're special in some way. Maybe change "Guardian of the Weak" to "Guardian of Kij" or something like that? Works about the same way but can cause more problems.

Here's my revised character sheet so far:
Leon
Human M / Hoomiku F
Approaches: Clever +3, Careful/Sneaky +2, Flashy/Quick +1, Forceful +0
Aspects:
-Aspiring Mage: Eager to learn magic and see the world
-Timid: Still easily frightened
-Cleric of Kij: Learning light-elemental magic; mystically marked by the divine connection
Stunts:
-Healing Magic: Can use Overcome actions to reduce a wound by one level (which makes recovery faster). Takes a few minutes of quiet.

Later I might do some kind of magic barrier stunt, and/or a different element of magic.

Snow

• View Profile
How's Thursday? Failing that, Saturday?

Fax

• View Profile
Thursday works for me

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
For the record, I will be on in about four hours! Short of another power outage. However that seems unlikely.

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Fax

• View Profile
Cedric
Human M/ Cepn M

Attributes
-Strongarmed Pyromancer of Kij

-Apprentice Smith
-Subtle as a Brick
-Brawlhappy Lunatic

Approaches
+4 Forceful
+2 Flashy, Clever
+1 Careful, Quick
+0 Sneaky

Stunts
-

Possessions
-weapon spark
-basic blacksmithing tools
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 10:56:38 PM by Fax »

Snow

• View Profile
Current character sheet:

Leon
Human M / Durian (skunktaur) F
Approaches: Clever +3, Careful/Sneaky +2, Flashy/Quick +1, Forceful +0
Aspects:
-Aspiring Mage: Eager to learn magic and see the world
-Clumsy: Not used to this new body, and thrown off even while human
-Cleric of Kij: Learning light-elemental magic; mystically marked by the divine connection
Stunts:
-Healing Magic: Can use Overcome actions to reduce a wound by one level (which makes recovery faster). Takes a few minutes of quiet.

Snow

• View Profile
I'm available this weekend if you want. We got far enough that you can take a "significant milestone" bonus: you can do one thing on the "minor milestone" list, and optionally add +1 to any approach and undo certain damage (n/a).

Also, what do you think about a playing scenario in which you're trying to coordinate another group of people? I'm not sure of a good way to handle the scale of a group unless it's to give them a lot of stress boxes. An Aspect with free invocations on it for being big?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 11:55:57 AM by Snow »

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
    • View Profile
Some of this I thought I had already changed, but the edit didn't really go through. So for clarity, here it is again with updates.

Brishen (Human M/Cat M)
Teenage orphan adventurer. An occasional prankster. Will often use others to his advantage if possible. Loves to fight with two weapons if he can. Very curious and prone to exploring. Sometimes sticks his nose in metaphorical beehives.
High Aspect: Fast Talking Rogue
Low Aspects: Tragic Past, Kid Friendly, Airmage of Kij
Trouble: Insatiable Curiosity
Approaches: Sneaky/Quick +3, Clever +2, Forceful/Careful +1, Flashy +0

Stunt: Leaf on the Wind - Due to his light frame and by using wind magic, Brishen can as a last ditch effort *throw* himself sideways in a mid-air dodge when trying to avoid a hit once per session assuming there is room to dodge to.

As a cat, Brishen has a golden pelt with green eyes and is otherwise a fairly normal looking short hair cat. He is usually capable of talking, but may become less coherent to others when tired, stressed, or has been stuck as a cat for too long.

As a human, Brishen has slightly toned skin with shaggy gold-blond hair. His eyes are green and he's about average height.

(Note: Kid Friendly is based on his tendency to stick up for kids younger than him at the orphanage. It's basically a way to say 'bleeding heart' that has a positive side, strictly that kids tend to like him.)

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

Snow

• View Profile
Note: I'm out of town this Thu.-Sun. So, can't play.

Fax

• View Profile
Ah, that simplifies things for me then as I have to travel this coming thurs. afternoon/evening so I wouldn't have been able to make it until late anyways

Snow

• View Profile
Did we settle on Wednesday? Possibly late due to Fax's schedule? I have an early Thursday class but could go for a little while if you want. Am fine with delaying too.