Author Topic: Playing EE again :O!  (Read 5671 times)

NateB

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
on: June 21, 2013, 04:08:17 PM
http://terraeternus.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=1645

The nostalgia is...  unbearable!!!

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 04:15:38 PM
Honestly, I've not followed that thread since over two years, so I still don't know if Greth somehow got his paws at Sparkplay's code, or is he that very badass at reverse engineering... but in both cases, it's epic that his *cough* unofficial server project got so far.
Really epic.
I so wish I'd have time for this... {:(

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #2 on: June 21, 2013, 06:31:11 PM
Fascinating.  Some very interesting details behind the scenes if you read the history too. Sounds like it's legit, and the guy intends to release code for private servers eventually. Cooooooool...

Requested a key. Intend to check this out this weekend. [;)

EDIT: Read a bit more. Apparently it's not "legit", but the general consensus is that it's probably abandonware and no one will care. Daring. [;)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 06:45:38 PM by Virmir »

[fox] Virmir

NateB

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 06:38:14 PM
Fascinating.  Some very interesting details behind the scenes if you read the history too. Sounds like it's legit, and the guy intends to release code for private servers eventually. Cooooooool...

Requested a key. Intend to check this out this weekend. [;)

Awesome!  My name's Marcus Antonius if anyone wants to play.  Haven't run into any bugs so far, level 7 on Corsica  {:)

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 08:49:50 PM
I've gotten a key, already started playing, I tell you, what a blast from the past! just like old times I remembered, and this is one game that is a zombie, just keeps rising back up. [:P

I am Trask Kyuro on there, and am totally fine with playing alongside any other fuzzies! It should be lots of fun. [:)

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

Zeo Fawx

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 03:50:36 PM
Wow, thx for sharing this. I just asked for a key. Also I highly doubt anyone will care about this, considering both groups who had it, have shut it down. And the one who first created it, sold it long ago.

Edit: Got into the game with my name of Zeo Fawx. And the amazing part, the instant I logged in, I was recognized. I still don't believe I was that famous in EE, but it seems I was.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2013, 09:47:01 PM by Zeo Fawx »