Author Topic: DoW the 3rd  (Read 134788 times)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: July 23, 2013, 02:10:55 AM
Turn 7

Digital Vulpine - (15-13=2) 2+3+3=8 moved
Donnie - (18-17=1) 1+3+10=14 moved
Draykin - (25-25=0) 0+1+2=3 moved
Fax - (15-15=0) 0+3+2=5 moved
FrostedLights - (16-13=3) 3+2+7=12 moved
I am the IZOD - (15-14=1) 1+3+9=13 moved
Kenku - (25-0=25) 25+0+12=37 moved
PineapplesOfScience - (23-14=9) 9+0+8=17 moved
Radioactive Toast - (8-5=3) 3+3+9=15
Snow - (17-12=5) 5+3+4=12 moved
Stormkit - (18-13=5) 5+3+4=12 moved
Tech - (14-14=0) 0+2+3=5 moved
Trask - (15-11=4) 4+2+12=18 moved

Wiki: http://dow.crimsonflagcomic.com/doku.php?id=game3

Geo

Alignment

Underground

Climate

Races

Race color key

Races
Aeons+0
  Orders:
  The Balance
    Armies:
    Khayos' Tournament
Carcharordons
  Orders:
  Predatory Chain
Chiaro+1
  Orders:
  Adventurers' Guild
  Order of the Second Tail
Crondins+0
  Orders:
  Ngarjeck
  Order of the First Tail
  Elder Rights
Jaegers
  Orders:
  The Order of Hunters
Knowlsek+0
   Subraces: Tin
  Orders:
  The Plex
    Armies:
    Path Guard
Melodians+1
  Orders:
  Church of the Lights
Miz+0
  Orders:
  The Hexogon
Nocturnals
  Orders:
  Temple of Nyx
Pendri+1
  Orders:
  Church of the Burning Light
Terrans+0
  Orders:
  Council of the Round Table
  Knights of the Round Table
  Order of the Third Tail
    Armies:
    Army of the True King
Tiatlaca+0
  Orders:
  Water-Bearers
  Order of the Fifth Tail
Utoypia+1
  Orders:
  Toymancers
  Order of the Fourth Tail
Zemeri+0
  Orders:
  Scions of Shadow and Moonlight
    Armies:
    The Black Hands of the Scions

Adam Smith
Aeolus
Corvo the Allfather
Danyel Yekson
The Dungeonkeeper
Ember Wind Dragon
Fios the Sea-lamander
Flurps
High Priest of the Church of the Burning Light
Hrakihk
Ignis
Isaac Newton
John Locke
Khayos
Morgana, The Faerie
Myrddin Ambrosius
Nyx
Richard, God of Fate
Syrask Kyuro
Tehuan
Tizocoatl
Trasiro Kyuro
The Wanderer
The Wheel of Fortune
The Zenith
Zerky
[/s] DEAD

6(roll)+1(Advances) vs 2(roll)+3(Advances)
The Pirates raid with alarming speed upon the city of Say, striking fast and hard.  No slouches in warfare themselves or in seiges, the Terran city guard attempts to break the invaders before they can set up a proper siege position.  The attack goes badly, the tide turned by the pirates' Chiaro healing and protection magics.  The result is that the city falls to the brigands.

5(roll)+3(Advances) vs 4(roll)+3(Advances)
Morgana's assault on Ter advances quickly, charging forth before the city guard can sweep the area and properly send out skirmishers.  Morgana's scouts engage the king's in bloody affairs, but ones that end up in the favor of the usurper's.  With the flanks in her favor, her army sweeps forward against the defending army which finds its flanks harrassed and belegued from both wings.  Unable to take the strain, pieces of the battle line break off bit by bit until the main True King army strikes the demoralized center.  The first assault is a bloody and inconclusive affair, but the second shatters the defenders' resolve and has them retreat in a brutal rout.  Morgana's army sweeps into Ter and swiftly occupies the city.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 12:02:16 PM by Radioactive_Toast »

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Snow

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: July 23, 2013, 11:37:54 AM
(Starting Points: 12)

Advance Civilization (5)
The Feisty Lass rolled over starboard-wise, nearly dumping its crew into the ocean fifty feet below. All three of them screamed and clutched the wooden gunwales for dear life, but only Bran sprayed.
"Rock more starboard!" shouted Fianna.
"The rocks are falling out?!" said Bran in the stern.
Big Scott said, "No, they're not!"
Fianna risked a backwards (and upside-down) glance and saw that most of the boxes of floatstone were still firmly attached, though one of them was starting to come loose but for Scott's hefty tail in the way. "I meant, everyone roll to starboard to flip us back around rightways!" Meanwhile she feared for the mast and sails, dangling below them like a flimsy anchor and starting to lash at them with loose rope ends.
The three grunted and tried to shift their weight around without falling out. Fianna caught sight of spectators on the cliffs, cheering and placing bets. A pox on them! Scott wasn't moving enough either. "Scott, I need more power!"
"I'm givin' it all I've got, cap'n! My tail canna take much more o'this!"
"Heave! On three!"
Fianna joined in the next scream. They were wobbling sickeningly in the sky, pitching... and rolling! Finally, they got momentum working for them and bobbed back to something resembling level flight.
Bran was white-knuckled on all fours on the gunwales, and had his hands over his eyes. "Are we dead yet?"
Fianna, the poor daughter of nobody important, began to pry her own hands and feet and forepaws off of the ship. She took hold of the mast so that she could stand on her hindlegs and look up at the flapping sails. She pointed dramatically with a forepaw. "No, ensign, we have quite a lot to do before we can die. Tiller to port! Sheet in the sails! There's a south wind, and we're off to Lindisfarne to collect our prize!"

Airship technology was an outgrowth of experiments with the floatstone of the southern isles of Highland. The Chiaro, though terrified of it at first for good reason, quickly saw its potential for trade, exploration... and even fighting. Chiaro airships were powered by sails and held aloft with stone. Later improvements added magic-assisted height control, greater cargo capacity, and (on premium models) safety belts.

Command Avatar (Wheel) to Create Army (1)
Ah, for the first days of the Highland Sky Fleet! Those first flying ships of theirs must have been a pure joy to sail through the clouds, not like the later models that were so designed with so much concern for "safety" that there was hardly any skill involved. The daring men and women of those days, led by Fianna the Feisty, were traders and explorers first. But they stood ready to swoop in for a heroic rescue, a cunning night raid, or whatever other excuse for a heroic tale might present itself. Youngsters swooned at pictures of their favorite sky-pilots posing with goggles and taurtan scarves, or wanted to be great builders and designers of the ships themselves.

Command Avatar (Wheel): Attack! (1)
The first order of business (after making some money off airships) was to deal with the troublesome news that had come a few years earlier: the Chiaro league's resident pirates had discovered aliens, and invaded their land! Horrified Chiaro leaders (who'd been planning to go out that way anyway to make some money) funded an expedition to fly the Highland Sky Fleet west to Say and crush the brigands. (And also make some money.) Fianna herself took the lead in this expedition. The fleet didn't really know what to expect. After all, it had been years since that rowdy gang went west, and hopefully the rumors were false about them having actually taken a city. The expedition's orders were to withdraw peacefully against any force other than the brigands "or anything obviously nasty". Chiaro intentions are to return Say to its owners, not to keep it.

Command Avatar (Zenith) to Create City (1)
Deep underground, the sunrod's light shined on orange fur. Lady Connach the Citrine had been transformed, turning her bright orange with cream-colored spots -- not to mention female -- and had gotten a very different perspective on life when anonymity became impossible for her. That sort of thing came with the perks of holding the Zenith. Currently she carried it in the form of a giant scythe made of blue crystal. Not very many people called her "Lady Cream-Sickle" to her face.
"So what are we doing here, m'lady?" said Garrett, who had most of the luggage on his lower back.
"I'm just visiting, actually. You're staying."
"Wait, what? But there're monsters!"
She turned back to grin at Garrett. "You'll have my support, m'lord."
Now he was even more baffled. He stomped the ground with his forepaws, saying, "I'm not --"
"You wanted to get away from us 'annoying politicians' in Lindesfarne, right? Have your own place with your own rules? Well, now's your chance! I actually think it's a good idea to have more settlements where we can be safe and come up with new ideas. Literally come up, since you'll be underground and all. Open the box."
Garrett grumbled and sputtered protests about being abandoned and tricked. He let the chest thud to the cavern floor, threw it open, and stared at a mass of gold pieces, gems, and magic items donated by Connach and invested by Black Watch. "This... I think I could work with this, m'lady."

The City of Tuatha, in (B6), was built entirely underground. Even more so than Black Watch, it was forced to develop self-sufficiency magic and technology...

Advance City: Life Support Magitech (4)
...Which paid off in the form of massive magic-lit cavern farms, spectacular artificial waterfalls that purified themselves again and again, and various Aeon-derived means of regenerating the air. The new ideas here were first focused on keeping the new city alive, but soon airship engineers would begin to buy their technology and learn to make long-duration voyages, high into the sky.

Not a Formal Action
"Order! The gentleman is out of order!"
"Sure I am!" said Drust, shouting over the professors and the chairman's gavel. "Do you realize how long it's been since we truly learned anything new? Decades after the first airship flight, even longer since those elementals showed up, and the esteemed College of Black Watch insists on keeping its heads --"
"The gentleman will return to his seat."
That could have been the end of it, what with the burly guards starting to close in on Drust. But one man stood up. He was no hero; he didn't need to be. "I wish to yield five minutes to young Drust. I'm enjoying hearing his fresh perspective." He gave a wicked grin.
There were objections and motions, but the College's committees were bound by their own laws. Decreasingly so, these days, but they still loved their parliamentary procedure. Or at least they preferred it to the more traditional dispute resolution method, thought Drust; how many of them had ever hefted an axe?
Drust cleared his throat. "To put it more politely, I'm saying I want two airships, some stout scholars and fighters and mages, and supplies for a year. In return, I will bring you knowledge of things you've never even imagined." He didn't add: Things you hidebound, fat-bellied academics can't imagine. Things that might spark a revolution.

The Drust and Tess Expedition flew far beyond civilized lands... but their initial plans were sent spinning by recent events. First contact with the Terrans had apparently not gone well. The expedition's airships flew southwest and discovered two things. One was the race of strange artificial creatures known as the Utoypians. The meeting was happy, though they narrowly averted an unfortunate incident involving Martin the Masked Mace Mauler and a village of sentient pinatas. Magic research and trade increased from the new contact. The relationship only got stranger from there. They both discussed the two bizarre "avatar" creatures that had spawned the pirate menace, and the troubling shadow on the world around (E4), which the airships had passed on the way.
Drust later flew to the far east, straight over the massive tunnels, and was spotted by the Zemeri. More bipeds! They seemed to be fellow delvers, with important knowledge of metalworking. Drust attempted trade with them, and with growing alarm learned that the Shadow-On-the-World existed in their lands, too. Something would have to be done about that, before these innocent people could become corrupted by it. The Chiaro also warned the Aeons about this shadow, and were warned in turn that a mad sorcerer was on the loose!
New lands, new cultures, new magic, new ideas, and threats to the land itself. Drust brought home such tales that he soon got his revolution.
Might justify small territory claims on an (E3) floating island and a bit of (C6), if those cost nothing.

(Ending Points: 0. Next Turn Bonus: 3.)
(Races Known: Aeon/Elemental: friendly, minor trade. Terran: frightened. Utoypian: friendly, eager magic collaboration. Zemeri: neutral, worrisome.)

"Be on the lookout for anything weird while you're out there!" "You mean like a giant magical talking inflated pink orca that wants to teach us?" "That already happened. Think weirder!"
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:37:57 PM by Snow »

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #107 on: July 23, 2013, 10:04:26 PM
Do doooo dodododo

PASS

DigitFiredrake

• Fluffwolf of all trades
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: July 26, 2013, 10:22:44 AM
MEANINGLESS FALVOR TEXT! - 0 Lighting strikes the top of the water wheel! DOING! ... nothing!

PASS!

-----------------------------------------------------------
There are two kind of people in this world those who are wise enough to know they are crazy and those who aren't.

FrostedLights

• Agent Featherfall
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: July 28, 2013, 03:14:47 PM
The Melodians

Months pass and Tempest and his band fail to return. A dark pall descends on those that dwell in the Ascended Valley. One by one, families take up their own and depart, leaving before the winter frosts trap them all in Ariya's tomb. The Melodian civilization breaks into dozens of large families, wandering nomadic across the central continent. Still bearing the sting of the Dark Pilgrim's betrayal of their trust, the Melodians become extremely xenophobic

Tempest

Tempest tracks the Dark Pilgrim south. Tempest and his allies will attempt to kill anyone harboring the Dark Pilgrim.

The Pendri

The High Priest receives a prophecy of a great cataclysm. He beseeches the masses to shore up their faith, for dark times are ahead. The pendri must be strong, they explore the local coastlines. A new city is founded on I12, Sarsil (Alignment: +1)

Alsimor and Sarsil begin new projects. To further reinforce the growing pendri nation, each city begins building a mighty tower on their coast. Visible from hundreds of miles away, these two great towers, combined with the mighty pendri fleet, establish unquestioned military control over the pass between these two islands.

Sarsil builds the Tower of Seven Stones.

For where once stood nothing, now stands a great stone.

Alsimor builds the Tower of Shooting Stars

Where once was darkness, now is light.

Command Avatar (1), Build City - Sarsil
Command City(Alsimor, 4, Tower of Shooting Stars)
Command City(Sarsil 4, Tower of Seven Stones)

Remaining Points: 3

Not Just Another Weathermare

Tizocoatl

• Ambystoma Mexicanum
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Axolotl. axe-o-loh-tal say it with me people...
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
Reply #110 on: July 28, 2013, 05:28:24 PM
Note for Toast: Den Atzintli is on the north side of the island
i don't know why i bother... Kenku is going to kill us all once we reach the third age with 100 points or something
No comic this time...
17 points available

Advance Civilization: (5 pts)

the reports came in to Tehuan and his advisors only minutes after it was found. During a routine mission to map nearby caves in order to expand the city's underground network of storage tunnels and heat and water vents a strange substance was found oozing out of the wall of a deep cave. when touched, it sent on cave-scout flying back 10 feet and emitted a blinding light. The scouts had tried to bring back a sample but it seemed that any contact with the blueish substance caused the same light and force. Tehuan made the decision to research this strange element. With scientific research now being supported by the local government, a new interest in knowledge arose and soon the strange chemical, at that point being called ForceStone was being analyzed for it's many properties.

whenever force is applied to a piece of forcestone it is amplified by a significant factor which varies based on the size and purity of the sample. this amplified force is then output into the environment. this comes at the price of the forcestone losing a small portion of it's mass to provide energy for the reaction.

This substance soon became quite the commodity, it was not easy to mine because if it was struck by a pickaxe it could kill someone. The rock around it had to be worn away slowly by high-pressure water pumps. water, it seemed, was not solid enough to cause the striking force that caused forcestone to react. it then had to be gently carried back to the surface in containers full of water, which had to be placed in heavily padded boxes. as methods improved production increased and soon it had been worked into many practical uses. using a striking mechanism involving a piece of forcestone and an iron hammer could generate enough force to carry a small boat at over 80 miles per hour over the ocean. shields crafted from forcestone could repel and even break most conventional metal weaponry. a force-powered piston could drill straight through trees, cutting them down and stripping them into logs in the time it took four tiatlaca with saws to fell one evergreen.

it wasn't long before the first scouting parties returned saying they had crossed the ocean and seen the lands to the northwest and had established a basic camp...

12 points remain

Command Avatar //Tehuan// to Create City (1 pt)in the bottom left corner of H7 a small coastal camp arises. a small number of Tiatlaca set about studying and mapping the nearby landscape. the camp of Den Zacatl

11 points remain

Loop-Dee-Loop-Dee-Loopity-Doop

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #111 on: July 29, 2013, 12:23:00 AM
Command Order: Create City: Hydros
The Carcharodons found the seas to be abundant with prey, and they saw no reason to move far from free food. Using years of labor, they create the city of Hydros, made of corals and stone.

The underwater city of Hydros is positioned at I9.

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: July 29, 2013, 03:32:29 PM
For many decades after the overthrow of Moore the Dread, Morgana ruled over the Kingdom of Ter.  Many were dissatisfied with her rule, as the Council was not reinstated and many of Moore's policies were continued.  More strangely though, the Queen took no effort to produce an heir, as the years grew long rumors began to spread that she did not age, and her closest followers always seemed to have something "off" about them.  After inexplicably surviving no less than four assassination attempts, she became known as "the Witch Queen".

For some though, the dissatisfaction ran deeper.  The founding principles of their country were being ignored.  The regime's claim to power, deriving from a dubious claim of heirship, were in their minds both illegitimate and illegal.

Alexander Hamilton, James Madison, and John Jay collaborated on a series of essays on the subject of proper government, under the pen name of Publius.  They argued for a Federal form of government, wherein the power to rule was invested first and foremost in the People.   Over time, their writings became known together as the Federalist Papers.

When word of the Federalist Papers reached the Queen, all three authors were arrested and hung for sedition.  The papers were banned throughout the kingdom.  But it was too little, too late.

Thanks to the new technology of the printing press, the papers spread like wildfire.  Passed in secret from one person to the next, printed on presses in cellars, closets, attics and barns. For every copy of the Federalist Papers that was burned, ten more were printed.

Command Avatar: create army: 1 point

John Locke aided the cause of the Federalists, helping their writings spread in defiance of the Queen's censorship.  With his help, the Federalists drew ever more recruits and organized into an army.  The 1st Columbian Minutemen would suffer the tyranny of a monarch no longer.

Adam Smith swayed Terran business leaders to back the Federalists, bringing much-needed funding to the rebellion.  With this money, the Federalists were able to buy more arms and equipment to train and field additional troops with. The 1st Hayek Infantry Regiment would not stand by while their homes and property are seized to fund the Witch Queen's war effort.

Isaac Newton inspired several prominent scientists to join the Federalist cause, bringing with them experimental gunpowder weapons.  These weapons were both highly effective and easy to use, allowing the Federalists to rapidly train common citizens for battle.  The 1st Joule Infantry Regiment would no longer tolerate the Queen's heavy-handed censorship.

Command Order: 3 points
Under the leadership of the Council, the rebel armies marched on Ter to reclaim the capitol under the new banner of a silver four-pointed star on a blue field. With rallying cries of "Liberty or death!" and "No taxation without representation!", the Federalists battle the Queen's loyalists throughout the Kingdom (but for convenience's sake will resolve the conflict with a single battle at Ter).

Say is unfortunately left to fend for itself while the kingdom is in turmoil, due to budget cuts and because I don't trust the RNG enough to go into battle at anything less than 3:1.

Points left: 2
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 05:26:09 PM by Digital Vulpine »

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

I am the IZOD

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #113 on: July 29, 2013, 04:25:12 PM
Advance Civ (5)

In the hot and humid tropics, it is obvious that food does not last terribly long, and must be thrown out once any hint of spoilage occurs.  Crondin mages, experimenting with ways of solving this issue, have discovered that if one can remove the moisture and heat, food lasts many times longer than otherwise.  Thus, the Crondin have discovered the secret of Magical Refrigeration, solving a host of supply difficulties.

Command Avatar-Create Order (1)

A Crondin mage name Chardath had been experimenting with metals and enchantments for most of his life.  While doing so, he discovered that the rare ore Mythryl, when refined properly, was able to channel the energies of innate mages.  A talented fire mage could channel fire into his sword, varying the intensity at will, as could those talented in shock.  Knowing that this power needed to be harnessed and used for the betterment of the Crondin race, Chardath set out to recruit mages into his new order: The Sakari.  With the Ngarjeck occupied with administration, they are spread thin in keeping the peace, and so the Sakari begin to supplement them in their role of lawkeepers.

Command Order-Create City (3)

With mining operations in full swing in the highlands to the south, the Ngarjeck realize that a quicker and larger mode of transport is in order to bring the metals where they are needed.  As such, they take the small port-town at the river delta of F12, and develop it into the City of Htark, a full-fledged port city to more efficiently ship the metallic riches of the highlands around Crondin nation.

Along with the riches, corruption and apathy creep into the ranks of the Ngarjeck.  They are starting to lose focus of their founding principles, and worse, starting to ignore the state of the people in their domain, the Ngarjeck Hegemony.  People have begun to murmur and grumble at the state of things.

13-9=4

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #114 on: July 29, 2013, 06:58:03 PM
Command Avatar (Create City) [1] - The Wanderer leads a group of Zemeri to found the city of "Drevo skalni vez" on the border of the forests and mountains in C11
Command Avatar (Shape Land) [1] - The dungeonkeeper continues to instruct the Zemeri under its command to continue to expand the seemingly endless series of tunnels, temples, dungeons and hidden caverns.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 07:10:59 PM by Fax »

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #115 on: July 29, 2013, 10:08:19 PM
Adriana: The Origin Flame

Many untold years ago there was once a Batosian soldier by the name of Adriana, a valuable member of the Pomharpii order Black Pom. The Pomharpii looked favorably on multiracial integration, especially welcoming their ancestors: The Batosians. Adriana was fanatical, to say the least. She personally led the defense of Sarajevo from the vicious Fox-Fox invasion. Rumor has it she charged on foot and personally slain dozens, perhaps hundreds of double headed abominations as an example of her rage. Upon their Ascension, Adriana was uneasy with the eternal peace they have obtained as it was in her nature and training to dominate and destroy those who oppose her and her people. The greater Pomharpii Ascension have little qualms about their members doing what they wish so long as they don't endanger the whole, as such Adriana decided to travel to other worlds and assemble grand armies and sweep aside all non-believers and wage an interstellar battle to assert their Ascended dominance. Adriana has come to this world as who she appears where others would disguise themselves within the existing societies. She is an Avatar of the Eternal and Origin of the Flame. She is the Origin Flame, and will smite all those who refuse to join the crusade.

Create Order -6
: Priory of Origin
Adriana began her crusade with greatest of promises: Power, then Knowledge, even possibly the secret of Ascension to those who follow in her footsteps and prove themselves worthy. The priors are derived from virtually every race on the planet with the capacity of fanaticism and reverence in their being. Jaeger, Chiaro, even wayward Melodians are brought together within the Priory to worship the teachings of the Origin Flame. Such is their devotion that the casting of flame is a holy act.

Adriana breathed deep the empowering worship she has been granted. She is but a god compared to these beings, and so she sets her sights on her first target of the crusade...

Command Order -3: Raise Army "Crusaders of the Flame"
The Priory scattered throughout the world, gifted with arcane powers by their God, Adriana whom ordained that followers be gathered, great war machines be built, and the loyal be equipped with weapons of destruction. The Chiaro Prior preached his sermons in Lindisfarne and quickly assembled those loyal out of the city to witness Adriana, their god. Emboldened by their witness of the Origin Flame, they fanatically return home to spread word of the new, true god. Though many Chiaro resisted the idea of the coming of a god, many joined their ranks, bringing with them Chiaro technology and equipment, reforming them by the instruction of the Origin.

Command Avatar -1: Attack Lindisfarne

Adriana set forth her Crusaders upon the helpless city, those who refused to acknowledge her would be punished.

;-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the City of Ter-2 years ago...

Morgana thoroughly enjoyed being queen, controlling servants and giving out demands to the peoples. She cared little for the petty squabble of the masses, only enough to keep taxes low enough to encourage the masses to carry on with their lives. That is until she heard of Say...

"Such is a perfect time to demonstrate my dominance over these people." She remarked and ordered her knights to form a second army...
Command Order: -3 Raise Army Army of the Vengeful Queen
Command Avatar: -1
Morgana marches with the Army of the True King and Army of the Vengeful Queen to Say.

"So the Chiaro invade our territory as well? Let them kill weaken one another first, then kill the survivors."
Morgana waits until the aftermath of the Chiaro/Pirate battle then attacks the victor of said battle

Morgana is unaware of an armed uprising and attack on Ter while on campaign. Only the city garrison remains.

Remaining Points: 0
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 12:45:18 PM by Donnie »

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #116 on: July 30, 2013, 12:08:46 AM
Advance Civ - 5 points.

The Utoypian's curiosity over studying their own forms lead them to discover helium, the substance that fills some of their ilk. Their study over it allows them to synthesize and understand how it works, and what it does, thus, they develop a way to inflate and deflate things using a kind of special magic alchemy, something the Toymancers especially took to.

Advance Civ - 5 points.

Further studies into various magics and sciences has them finding that both work well interchangeably, the Utoypians create the first known MagiTech, fusing both into one distinct thing, once considered mutually exclusive, this opens the door for many possibilities.

Advance Civ - 5 points.

An interesting experiment one day with a Utoypian Toymancer idly jotting down notes accidentally caused some mana and ink to fuse, causing the first incident, and discovery of magical ink, this interesting substance seemed to act on whoever drew with it, bringing thoughts and ideas into reality, making real things, and real actions, needless to say, the other Utoypia were pretty impressed and immediately devoted more to furthering this newly made material.

Command Avatar - 1 point.

Syrask got bored and decided that while the Utoypians were certainly making progress as a race, they lacked something, but of course! a city! Syrask told the Utoypians on the island located at F2 to begin making a city, the first center of their civilization was founded, christened it "Hugalot", Syrask was rather fond of hugs, and the others certainly shared this same interest and love.

Command Avatar - 1 point

Meanwhile, somehow thinking on the same page as his brother, Trasiro also commanded some of the other Utoypians, the ones on the island of F3, to also construct a city of sorts, this one was to be named "Snuggles", like Syrask, Trasiro really liked hugs, snugs, and whatnot, thus, the second city of the Utoypia, was founded.

1 point remains!

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

Stormkit

• Avid Bookworm Cat
  • Intuition strikes again!
    • View Profile
Reply #117 on: July 30, 2013, 04:12:50 AM
Ack! Real life stuff distracted me and suddenly everyone posted :/
So first to clarify something I should have made clear in the previous turn: The Aeons made a territory claim on C6. They didn't exactly make a city, but they have a sort of settlement there which they are calling 'Trados'. As it turns out, the -os postfix is a lingual thing indicating the word is a name of some importance. And now for stuff that actually happens now:

With their new placement on the islands of C6, the Aeons are uniquely place to discover a fundamental aspect of the world they had not seen before, namely they are surrounded by both corrupt and purified lands. Combining this with their continued interaction with the purified race of Chiori, they have started to learn enough to realize a bit how this works. As a result, debate immediately resulted. Some argued that the Chiori were unbalanced and should have a counterweight, while others argued that as an unnatural race made out of some bizarre mix of stuff they were already unbalanced and that really that whole thing only applied to the Aeons anyway.

Corrupt/Purify Civilization +/-1 - 3 pts
They eventually settled on splitting their race with roughly a third going -1, a third going +1 to keep balanced, and the last third staying grounded in the middle. The 'dark' Aeons would act the necessary villains in order to counter balance the other races as needed while the 'light' Aeons step in when the 'darks' go overboard. Aside from that however, the two sides somehow remain remarkably civil to each other with 'light' and 'dark' being considered a sort of secondary element rather than something to be prejudiced about. It is slightly confused of course by the fact that that light and dark were already two elemental attributes and they are still arguing over the proper syntax for this secondary elemental status.

Command Order (Balance): Create Order - 3 pts
Necessary Evil
Every up must have its down, such is the motto of the League of Necessary Evil. They exist to create a foil for 'goody two shoes races' and other such stuff. That's why the motto of Restoring Pendulum is 'to fix what does not need fixing'. Okay, so they're arguing more than just the new elemental syntax. 'Necessary Evil' or some permutation thereof seems to have the popular vote thus far.

Command Avatar: Shape Land  - 1 pt
Meanwhile, in some other part of the world, Khayos hasn't been doing anything overtly chaotic and should fix that. One day while exploring somewhere or other, he sees these two huge towers. They are obviously a set and belong together, so he connects the two landmasses via a landbridge. Also for the heck of it he also connects it up to the main continent at around G12. By his calculations, he's on a roll and can do that roughly one more time for now. So while he's at it also connects the southern continent at K6 to the mainland at J5/J6, because why not?

As Aeons continue to expand exploration, they continue to meet new civilizations, like the Utoypians which creep them out rightously. And the Zemeri which they think are kind of stoic and cool. They are ambivalent towards the Crondins and Nocturnals for now, but the gases the Knowlesk use in their technology intrigues them. They have met the Melodians and their stuck up behavior played no small part in the formation of the Necessary Evil. They are mostly bemused by the endless conflict the Terrans seem to have.

Starting Points: 12
Remainder: 5

Of the four elements,
None is predominant.
Of the four seasons,
None lasts forever.

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #118 on: July 31, 2013, 02:21:26 AM
Note for Toast: Den Atzintli is on the north side of the island

Command Avatar //Tizocoatl// Create City: (1 pt)

After an interesting encounter with Corvo, Tizocoatl revises all of his plans. as he takes on last look at the camp of his people, he sees stone houses and paved streets. It is clear now that this is a city, and so Tizo names this city Den Atzintli. it is here that the capitol of the Tiatlaca will be established.

It's helpful to give me a location for your city on the grid if you want it placed where you want it to be placed ];)

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #119 on: July 31, 2013, 02:47:25 AM
Create Avatar-7 points

A  great storm strikes near the city of Deleni Pusobu, unusual for the mountain passes.  It’s more a storm that would be sighted on the plains, for it is accompanied by great thunder and lightning;  many Zemeri take it as an ill omen.  

Suddenly lightning strikes the ground near the east of the city, arching around in an extremely sprawling manner, like a sprawled hand.  The local wise men, scholars and mages regard the event with curiosity and foreboding  in the days following; they have never seen one bolt of lightning spread itself so suddenly and so clearly for all to see.  Add to this that the strike is accompanied by a sudden great and mighty wind across the whole valley.

What none of the occupants see is a hand striking against the far valley floor, followed by a great many bones piling together, flesh racing over their frame and sinews weaving themselves.  Soon there is a breath… a wheezing sound, a sneaky, untrustworthy laugh.  “I…  LIVE… AGAIN!” cries the reanimated form of Zerky.

This is of course followed by a moment of reflection and memories flooding back… and just exactly what horrors the Zemeri inflicted on him when he breathed last.  Shuddering and popping a few of his bones back into place, the sleezy creature decides to get the hell out of Dodge.

Create Avatar-7 points

The Pomharpi beings that have arrived on this world already are not the only ones to have come... Just as the Poms accepted Batosians into their ranks, they offered an inclusive paw to many and all, including some surprising souls who chose to venture forward with them.  One of which is Nicephorus, a member of the fallen race of Man.   One of the mages that hid in cowardice during Adamis’s final hours, he was cursed with the form of a Scrounger, a hideous, deformed creature looking as a chimera of a locust and a rat.  The most despised and hated of the fallen races, Nicephorus knows what it means for others to hold him in contempt… and it is a feeling that he regards the universe with mutual disdain.  Deep, wounded anger writhes in his veins, old and ancient as they are, as he was one of the last surviving members of his race to have witnessed the fall of the Floating City.  For a time he cast in his lot with the Poms, a race he felt a kindred bond with: both seen as vermin by the rest of the world.  He joined them in their accension, but he has grown restless, unsatisfied with the new life he has.  He is somewhat of an admirer of Adriana, and follows her to this world, secretly harboring centuries of spite and venom.

Command Avatar-1 point-create army

Flurps finds she’s having a wonderful time traveling around, and is delighted that her new Chiaro friends have discovered how to make the fastest and most agile watercraft she has ever seen!  They do seem a bit rough… maybe a little mean… oh well!  She swims back to the Utoypia lands, squeaking with awe at the new cities taking shape!  Inspired by the city of Hugalot, she communes with her fellow Utoypians, and inspires them in a similar manner to her Chiaro friends to swim the seas, forming Fleet of Joy.

Zero points remain