Author Topic: Final Fantasy d6: Short Campaign "The Whirlwind Crown"  (Read 14012 times)

Snow

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
"At night, cold wind whistles through Irem, the City of Brass, carrying sand into the bazaars and playing faint notes through the flute-like towers. This city is home to many travelers who seek trade, knowledge and adventure.

Some of them work with the Lamplighters, a private city watch group gone horribly wrong. Originally formed simply to light and patrol the streets of Irem, it now doubles as a dealer in relics. Whether it's a lost artifact of incredible power, an ordinary rare book, or that purse that mysteriously vanished the other day, the Lamplighters can help you. Under the leadership of Ali the Brazen, they've made friends in many places, high and low, and they hire a lot of strange people..."

At http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173958 is "Final Fantasy d6", a RPG system based on the classic console games. I'm looking to run a short campaign, lasting around 4-5 sessions with the possibility of more.

Interested? What's needed to sign up are:
-Possible choice of character class (first level) -- incomplete character creator at http://kschnee.xepher.net/code/ffd6.htm which I might update with the other classes soon
-Ability to commit to a few sessions of a few hours each after getting through one and seeing if you're having fun
-Decent English
-Day/time preference: I propose Saturdays at 2000 Eastern but since summer's coming, I could do any evening but Thursday
-Ability to get on the CF chat room, or "Anthrochat" IRC. We may need to go to IRC if the other's not available.

If there's interest from 3-5 players I can start this game up as early as May 3. I'm also up for doing a demo, ie. showing off the battle system and other basics (and practicing them myself) for a one-session adventure, whenever I'm online and people are around.

GM Qualifications: I was main GM for a freeform campaign of several years in a setting called Rym (https://www.fur.com/~ollie/rym3.html), occasionally run games for the local Pathfinder Society, and do various games at conventions using Mini Six, my own attempts to make "Exalted" more playable, Pony Tales (!), and PDQ#.

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 01:51:19 PM
I'm in.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2013, 07:15:34 PM by Geary »

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #2 on: April 23, 2013, 05:45:33 PM
While I would love to take part in this, I really can't commit to anything. 
I'm kind of building my house, and likely won't be getting internet of my own until it's built.

Good luck!

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 23, 2013, 08:01:34 PM
i'd be interested

Digital Vulpine

• A digital fox in the quantum age.
  • "Ion cannon activated" "Oooh, shiny..."
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 23, 2013, 08:33:22 PM
I guess I might try to join as a Time Mage.  Which day doesn't really matter to me, but it would be easier for me if this ran an hour or two earlier (ie 1800 or 1900 EST) since I have to leave for work a little after 2200.  

"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away for a little while..."

Snow

• View Profile
Reply #5 on: April 23, 2013, 11:59:33 PM
I guess I might try to join as a Time Mage.  Which day doesn't really matter to me, but it would be easier for me if this ran an hour or two earlier (ie 1800 or 1900 EST) since I have to leave for work a little after 2200.  
Since when do Time Mages have scheduling problems? [fox] I could do 1800 or 1900 and have it run 2-3 hours.

New fantasy book series: "Wavebound". The story of the novice Goddess of Water! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08D3SW5WP

Lyah

• Ottah(?) from Space!
  • Newcomer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 24, 2013, 08:30:30 AM
I'll be in by chance aswell, as a trustworthy White Mage, and hopefully can be on in Time. Being from germany makes nothing easy.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:24:41 PM by Lyah »

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #7 on: April 24, 2013, 07:49:35 PM
Heh, if only I could control time in real life, and never worry about deadlines or schedules again.  {;)

At any rate, here's what I've got for a character so far.  I'll be trying to fill the bio out as I learn more about the setting, to avoid too many conflicts.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:22:57 PM by Digital Vulpine »

LurkingWolf

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 28, 2013, 07:45:48 PM
Really basic one until I have a better idea of what I'm doing.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:16:26 PM by LurkingWolf »

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: April 28, 2013, 07:48:09 PM
New character! (Still in construction!)

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Creator-Unreal

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: April 29, 2013, 02:53:09 PM
Suddenly a wild Samurai appears!

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #11 on: April 29, 2013, 03:09:44 PM
Here's what I got so far, hope It checks out. [:)

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

Snow

• View Profile
Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 03:03:26 PM
Completed a test run that shows off the combat system. Current plan is to run a repeat of that scenario on Friday 5/3 at 7 (not 8) PM Eastern on the CF chatroom (Theater). Be sure to have a character sheet here or sent to me some other way, if you haven't already posted it here.

I'm not sure whether to attempt to run something on Saturday the 4th; probably not. (Unless maybe you want to play something completely different.)

Snow

• View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 06, 2013, 07:27:38 PM
Result: got through two test sessions in which the PCs won. However, that was with a lot of trouble coordinating players, to the point that we had just one player at the second session's end. Turns out the adventure really isn't balanced for two or fewer characters.

Is anyone interested in playing again and available for at least a two-hour block on a regular basis? I'm available any night other than Thursday for the summer, so long as it's set up in advance.

Digital Vulpine

• View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 06, 2013, 07:42:07 PM
Well, my schedule is subject to change without notice, but for now I can manage any day between 17:00 and 20:00 Eastern (as I have to get to sleep at 22:00), or just about any time on a Sunday (my day off).