Author Topic: Guns, weapons, other dismemberment options.  (Read 21114 times)

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I'mma be a one-man cheezburgah apocalypse.
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: January 15, 2013, 09:57:55 PM
Muammar Gadhafi had, at least before he was done in:

Now some random Libyan has quite the prize.

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."
- Douglas Adams

Shadow99611

• Hopeless artist
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Stop. Hammertime.
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: January 22, 2013, 07:48:11 PM
Wow... do you even bother attempting to use those if you have them? Seems like a waste of a perfectly good AK or 1911...

Sanity is for the weak.

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 22, 2013, 09:50:01 PM
Who needs to actually use them when you're a Libyan dictator? Might've kept him alive longer if it wasn't just a show piece though. I have to agree, not a great use of a great gun.

"There is a theory that states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

- Douglas Adams

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 23, 2013, 09:16:59 AM
Who needs to actually use them when you're a Libyan dictator? Might've kept him alive longer if it wasn't just a show piece though. I have to agree, not a great use of a great gun.

Considering that he had just left it behind, and was actually seen doing a bit of fighting in the last days of the conflict, I'm guessing that he never intended for it to be anything other than a show piece, nor did he feel the need to rely on it in the first place.

He was also pretty cooky, if that means anything.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: January 23, 2013, 07:46:04 PM
Considering that he had just left it behind, and was actually seen doing a bit of fighting in the last days of the conflict, I'm guessing that he never intended for it to be anything other than a show piece, nor did he feel the need to rely on it in the first place.

He was also pretty cooky, if that means anything.

The stories I heard about that piece is that it was taken from Gadhafi's person when the mob got to him. Why he'd have that on him while on the run is a mystery to me. Perhaps it was in fact his personal sidearm.
Apparently he had a thing for gilded guns, a gold Dragunov was also looted from his compound.

- Douglas Adams

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 25, 2013, 07:02:53 AM
The stories I heard about that piece is that it was taken from Gadhafi's person when the mob got to him. Why he'd have that on him while on the run is a mystery to me. Perhaps it was in fact his personal sidearm.
Apparently he had a thing for gilded guns, a gold Dragunov was also looted from his compound.

That'd be incorrect. It was found inside of him room when they capture his palace, which he had fled a good while before.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Generic Meatbag #14

• Tank Burger
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 25, 2013, 10:38:42 PM
That'd be incorrect. It was found inside of him room when they capture his palace, which he had fled a good while before.

May I see your source on that?

- Douglas Adams

I am the IZOD

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: August 04, 2016, 01:45:25 PM
So it's been a while.  Collection has grown significantly, so figured it was a good time to update.  Top to bottom, left to right:

-US Revolver Company .22 cal pistol.  From what I've gathered, it was manufactured between 1910 and 1935
-Pietta 1851 Colt Navy Revolver, .36 cal.  Unfortunately, it is no longer in working order.
-Uberti 1847 Colt Walker, .44 cal.  I bought this as a kit and did the finishing touches on it.
-M39 Finnish Mosin Nagant, 7.62 x 54r.  This is an original made in 1944.  The Finns took the Russian Mosin and improved on the design.
-M1 Garand, .30-06.  All the metal parts are original, serial number on the receiver points to Spring 1942.  Made at the Springfield Armory
-Euroarms P1853 Enfield Rifled Musket, .58 cal.  This is mainly my Civil War reenacting piece, though I have live fired it.
-Indian-made 3rd Model Brown Bess Smoothbore Musket, .72 cal.  This was the type used during the Napoleonic Wars and the War of 1812.
-Forehand Arms Co Single Barrel Shotgun, 12 Gauge.  This one was made around the 1890's.  I only shoot Black Powder cartridges out of it, as I am concerned about the barrel's ability to handle smokeless powder.
-Stevens 311A Double Barrel Shotgun, 12 Gauge.  Made around the 1950's.
-Mossberg Pump Action Shotgun, 20 Gauge. 
-Tikka T3 Bolt Action, .30-06.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:02:18 PM by I am the IZOD »