Author Topic: Untitled  (Read 10049 times)

D. Ein

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
on: November 18, 2009, 03:34:25 PM
I hate calling a story "untitled" because it seems pretentious, but I'm still drawing a blank on a title after half an hour... Well, anyway, this is a Submachine-inspired piece (you do not have to know what it is to read it, though). Enjoy.
Jan 19
There is a bit of a difficulty I had to overcome when writing these - my body is weighed down by my right arm now. Sort of like when I went to school with my one-strap bag, I tended to bend sideways when not carrying the bag on my shoulder. After the trip - nowadays - it's the other way around.
The handyman came today. ("Handy"man!) Soon they're going to have to remove my eye too, because of that wind from the crack above my bed. Well, I'm not standing for that. He patched it up nicely (He asked why and I told him that it's because of the wind. He didn't ask anything else.), but I guess I'll have to wait until tonight to see if the wind is still coming. If simply filling the hole with junk helped, I wouldn't call him.

Jan 20
It'll hold for now.

Jan 24
My mother visited today! She brought me food (which is great). I can't really shop anymore, so I told her thank you for being considerate. She didn't really reply, though. I also showed her the patched hole, but then she left. Mother doesn't like hearing about the wind (terrible! I'm her son! Does she not care if they will have to cut my eye out?). She thinks I'm making it up, because the air vent that the wind was leaking from was bricked up when I first complained. Anyway, we had tea and talked about things. I told her that I knew I'll have another arm soon. She started crying and left.

Jan 25

Jan 30
Dr. Murphy came to visit when I said that I grew a new arm. He brought my old arm to show me, because evidently, he did not believe me. It was all shriveled. Too bad I couldn't show him the arm I grew, because it's invisible, but it looks way better than the shriveled old one. I said that my new arm hurts sometimes, and he relaxed and said something about a phantom limb. I said that that's convenient, that the ruined car phantom must have given me one of his own limbs to cover for my removed one, because I have good karma. He laughed and said good joke and then went back to the hospital.

Feb 25
I skipped a lot of pages because I was busy learning how to use my karma arm. Now I'm a real master at it. The wind from the crack is the key - if I put my arm along its stream and then bend my pinky so it's cutting the stream in half, strange things happen. The wind rips like cloth, and inside the rip is a little cave. I can climb into it, but so far, I found nothing interesting. It's a cave with a blue glowing river flowing, and there are dogs baying from it (well I call them dogs but they aren't really dogs). They walk on three legs and make loud water noises when swimming close to the surface. I think I will take one as a pet sometime.

Mar 2
If I close my right eye in the cave, everything becomes dark. I noticed because as I was fishing out a dog from the river, it splashed water at me. The water didn't really hit me, because it went through me. It only touched my karma arm and my right eye. I closed it from instinct when the splash went up at me, and I couldn't see anything with my left eye open.

Mar 11
Brisk doesn't want to eat anything. When mother came by yesterday, I showed her Brisk and asked her to bring him some doggy food. She started crying and left. Brisk is getting thin after nine days.

Mar 12
Although she left suddenly yesterday, when I woke up today, I found that she did bring doggy food, after all. I tried to get Brisk to eat it. He still didn't like it. She also left a note on the bag. It said that they will be transferring me to the Victoria Sanatorium. I didn't really know what that was, but I didn't want to be transferred. That house probably doesn't have the wind.
Brisk doesn't want to eat anything. When I tried to get him to eat the doggy food, I pet him. My normal arm went right through him of course but my karma arm didn't. He turned from the food then and nibbled on my arm. Then he bit off my index finger. He liked it a lot and he was much thicker and more solid than in the past week. That's okay. It didn't hurt and I only needed my pinky anyway.

Mar 25
More unimportant things happened. Men sometimes came in and took things from the house. When they came in, light also came in. I don't like light anymore. Brisk told me (I think it was him, or it may have been the cat. Probably the cat, because Brisk whispers and bays, he doesn't talk.) that once the last bit of thing is gone from the house, they will run out of things to take and take me to the other house without the wind.

Apr 1
They took me to the sanatorium. It's sad and lonely here. There's white walls and all sorts of horrible elephants and ghosts.
Caught you! April Fools'! I would say those things if I were insane. No, they will come for me in four days, on Monday. But by then, I will be gone. The cat asked me to come back to the cave, because they'll show me how to dive in the river. Also, Brisk will have something to eat. I'm running out of fingers.

Apr 5
If I could draw, I would draw the looks on the men's faces when they saw me disappear into the karma rip. Because I did not hold the rip open with my pinky, it closed right after me, and I was in the cave. Brisk left and jumped into the river, swimming away into a hole into where it drained. The cat was nowhere to be seen, but just after I looked around for him, I found that the water from the river vanished. It's late now, though. I will sleep and go into the tunnels tomorrow.

Apr 6
I spent the better part of the day dodging the cats' stingers and the dogs' claws. I fed them a little bit of my karma hand, but they liked it too much. The tunnels go nowhere. They are in circles. I don't go hungry, and I never get tired, and I don't know why, and I don't know why I don't go anywhere. When I dipped my pinky into the river, the karma rip opened back to my house, but the river is gone now, and I can't find it. Everything is so blue and

Apr 11
kram arm gone
dogs baying
mother forgiv me

!!!! , ...

Subject No. III VI +

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 03:49:40 PM
So Murtagh wasn't the only one...

Fun thing.
First 2-3 entries made me think "Mur?"
Afterwards I realized it wasn't him, but the mention of sanatorium brought back the FLF episode. I was wrong about it, too...

... and what's about the empty Jan 25 entry?

Also, boo... we can't hope for Sub7 sooner than half a year or so... and the Exploration Project's still unavailable...

EDIT: Re-phrased the confusing part.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 04:52:39 PM by Tvorsk »

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

D. Ein

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 03:55:04 PM
Jan 25 is a mystery. ^_^

Also, what did you mean by "Wrong, too"?

I waited a very long time for Sub6. Half a year hardly seems like a fair amount of time to wait. :P
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 03:59:02 PM by D. Ein »

!!!! , ...

Subject No. III VI +

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 09:31:04 PM
Yay! I couldn't figure out the ending! XP

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 08:28:34 PM
Utter insanity.  I love it. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 21, 2009, 07:29:07 AM
I'll have to side with Virmir on this one. Very much utter insanity. ]:)

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 21, 2009, 08:00:03 AM
And who doesn't love utter insanity?

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.