Author Topic: Kadoof! (Interactive Story!)  (Read 13098 times)

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #15 on: August 09, 2012, 08:32:37 PM
  Jonas tilted his head curiously. A ? mark popped up above him. “If it’s such a hassle why don’t you update your invalid form immunity?”

“....because.”

"Because it doesn't work like that, you dolt! 'Always a fox' is just that-- always a fox! It's a character trait, not a spell shield!"

Could not resist the minor edit. [;)

Loving this so far! I suppose I will refrain from voting... It just doesn't seem right if I'm the victim. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: August 10, 2012, 12:13:11 PM
   Virmir popped back to normal size (so he was still small, just not that small) and fell into his chair.

“Success!” Jonas yipped and bounced happily.

“That wasn’t the Deshrinker circle...” Virmir said warily.

“But it deshrunk you! What else could it have been?”

“That was just a side effect. You activated the—“ Virmir’s inked fur suddenly quivered and rippled. In a singular eruption his fur POOFED out with such force that it pushed his chair away from his desk. His footpaws, his tail, his hairtennae, every centimetre of fur had puffed and lengthened until Virmir was not so much a fox as a giant cape-wearing ball of fuzz with eyes.

“...Refuzzifier circle.” Virmir finished.

“Ooooh.” Jonas’s eyes went wide at the sight.

With a great effort, Virmir inched himself off the chair. He fell onto the floor with a dull *whmp* thanks to his convenient padding.

“Right. Well I’m going to just go hide in my bedroom until this wears off.”

“Yip? You don’t want me to help undoing it?”

The furball shifted its eyes. “No... it’s... it’s not that kind of spell. I’ll be back to normal in a few hours.”

“I see.”

Virmir felt something on top of him. His eyes rolled upwards and got a glimpse of Jonas’s orange fur.

“Err, what are you doing?”

“Getting snuggly! You said it’ll be a few hours, right?”

“Well yes but—hey!”

Jonas had nestled in to Virmir’s poofiness and curled up. He was holding a tuft of gray fur as if it were a blanket.

“Mrrr...”

“H-hey! Jonas!” Virmir yipped. It was to no avail. A few moments later snores floated down from atop his head. After several minutes of trying to wake up the little red, Virmir consigned himself to waiting for here for the spell to wear off.

“Lousy shrinking wand,” he grumbled, “why do I even keep half this stuff around?”

Jonas Belford, 2012

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: August 11, 2012, 03:00:16 PM
  Jonas tilted his head curiously. A ? mark popped up above him. “If it’s such a hassle why don’t you update your invalid form immunity?”

“....because.”

"Because it doesn't work like that, you dolt! 'Always a fox' is just that-- always a fox! It's a character trait, not a spell shield!"

Could not resist the minor edit. [;)

Loving this so far! I suppose I will refrain from voting... It just doesn't seem right if I'm the victim. [;)

Edited the second part to fix. Also, story's done!

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Tallyn

• Level 70 Sentinel Bushi
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 09:38:28 AM
Aww, we need to do more of these.

"To trees with this kibble stuff!" - Virmir