Author Topic: Guild Wars 2 Guild  (Read 14937 times)

LoCk

• eater of souls. devourer of worlds.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Pirate otter! >:V
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
on: July 22, 2012, 07:28:59 PM
I just want to know how many people here would be interested in creating a guild for Guild Wars 2 when it launches?

Here is some info about the game for those of us who don't quite know what it is.

guild wars 2 http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/
races http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/races/
classes http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/

There is a guild that exists now. Bug Geary, Medik, or me if you want to join.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2012, 03:18:54 PM by LoCk »

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 23, 2012, 01:02:05 AM
Fairly obvious I'm in.  ];)

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Raf_Cian

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 23, 2012, 12:46:47 PM
My player already has a Guild for Guild Wars 2, but he certainly wouldn't mind something a bit more down and homey. Of course with Guild Wars 2 you can be in more than one guild, just not representing more than one at a time.

So I certainly won't mind being a part of a Crimson Flag Guild.

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: July 23, 2012, 02:23:28 PM
Duh!

Raf_Cian

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 06:21:14 PM
Right, so we have the interest of at least four people. With Guild Wars 2 that's enough but let's give a constructive bump so other can notice the thread. Deciding to have a guild is one thing, deciding how to implement it is another so I'm just going to throw some things out there.

Guild Master: As both the topic starter and a moderator this would default to LoCk, but if he responds and says he doesn't want the job we should talk alternatives so we don't have multiple different people starting a CF guild.

Recruitment: I'm assuming this is just a social guild for Crimson Flag members, so all we need to cover is sharing Guild Wars 2 user names to the guild creator when the game goes life. We'll all be able to see them when the guild is created anyway anyway, but there's no reason to go over public where any lurking bot can pick them out.

Purpose and Upgrade: Unless we get a lot of people I am assuming this will be a purely social guild. If anyone have any other ambitions, speaking up between now and the 25th would be beneficial to your plans. Purely social or not we'll be accumulating influence for upgrades and boasts. I'd recommend spending them in order of Architecture and Politics to get the bank and emblem features, only touch Economics if active members want to arrange for the occasional gaming weekend. Once again, now would be the time to talk up.

...Anything Else: ...that's all I got, so yeah. Discussion would be nice.

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2012, 07:34:44 PM
I'm in. GW2 is free to play, right? Just gotta purchase it first? When's the release date?

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

LoCk

• View Profile
    • My deviantart
Reply #6 on: July 30, 2012, 11:58:56 PM
I'm in. GW2 is free to play, right? Just gotta purchase it first? When's the release date?
yep! you just buy it, then no monthly fees! the release date is august 28th. if you preorder you can get a 3 day early access.

As for guild master, I suppose I could do it.  I haven't messed around to much with the guild system in gw2 yet, but if there is no chat log for the guild, we can post stuff here if we want to organize something or trade.

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 01:16:11 AM
yep! you just buy it, then no monthly fees! the release date is august 28th. if you preorder you can get a 3 day early access.

As for guild master, I suppose I could do it.  I haven't messed around to much with the guild system in gw2 yet, but if there is no chat log for the guild, we can post stuff here if we want to organize something or trade.

Correction, you get the 3-day head start if you prepurchase the game. If you preorder, then you only get a 1-day head start, and you don't get the Hero's Band.

I also have a question about Guilds, namely the Architecture development tree. Since it's insanely expensive to get the upgrades, and there's at least one empty level, is it safe to assume that raising a Guild's Architecture level has a visible impact on its aesthetics and/or layout?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 01:25:24 AM by Geary »

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Raf_Cian

• View Profile
Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 09:54:04 AM
I also have a question about Guilds, namely the Architecture development tree. Since it's insanely expensive to get the upgrades, and there's at least one empty level, is it safe to assume that raising a Guild's Architecture level has a visible impact on its aesthetics and/or layout?

There is currently no guild hall, so no. There will eventually be guild halls, but they weren't as important as existing variation of PvP and overall function of guilds for release. They've had a few interviews concerning what they weren't and were implementing, and guild hall fall under the chopping block of desired but unessential for release game play. They may or may not repeat guild battle from Guild Wars 1, but they want and we expect more from them than just private instances for guild members to visit.

With that said, Architecture affects shared storage and construction abilities. Politics effects the Guild Emblem and our ability to purchase the transmutation stones to display it on our gear, plus most the boost to increase influence gain. Economy includes the rest of the PvE boosts. Finally Art of War has one PvP influence boost, and a bunch of WvW boost we should only be concerned about if we all end up on one world.

The assuming a social guild means I'm assuming the communal sharing abilities of the guild bank is important, along with the ability to represent our guild. The PvE boost can be important as well, but only if we have enough interested bodies to organize a guild game day. Most the PvP boosts are regulated to controlling at least a tower in WvW, with the PvP influence boost only viable if we want to organize a guild game day for PvP.

It's a lot of assumptions, the resolution of which would require discussion. I'm pretty sure most of us just want to play the game, but the guild will be earning influence as long as we represent it while playing. So at the very least there should be some discussion. I'd motion that Architecture 2 with the workshop and guild bank should be one priority, with Politics 2 with the guild emblem and armor contracts being a parallel priority. Once both of those are fulfilled... well that is part of the discussion.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 10:01:03 AM
So what's the purpose of Architecture Level 3?

Raf_Cian

• View Profile
Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 12:42:44 PM
So what's the purpose of Architecture Level 3?

Currently? It exists between Architecture Level 2 and 4. The data the wiki's have is from in beta, so a lot of features are still in flux. Economy and Politics both cap at 4 even though they used to go to 5, so it's possible Architecture might receive a liposuction. On the other hand they might decide they want Treasure Trove and Deep Cavern where they are and just leave the tier blank for future expansion. After all, the game will get a lot of love after release as well as before.

Time will tell.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 01, 2012, 12:10:34 AM
Ah. In my opinion, the problem with Guild Halls in the first game was that there was nothing to do there. It would be interesting if raising the level of various aspects had visual and functional impact on your Guild outside of the upgrades they unlock, such as Economics and Politics raising the NPC population of the town, with the former opening up a variety of shops and minigames, and the latter making the population more racially and culturally diverse, which could expand certain types of shops (like the racial armor ones) as well as the types of minigames available. Would definitely provide an incentive to level your Guild past the minimum levels you need to grab whatever upgrades you want.

LoCk

• View Profile
    • My deviantart
Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 09:39:52 PM
For servers, Geary and me are gonna try to get on sorrows furnace day -3.

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 05:27:12 AM
When it goes on sale, I will buy it and play it for sure, or whenever I get the spare cash, so yes, when I do purchase it I will join a Crimson Flag guild on Guild Wars 2.

And yay! no monthly fees! [:P

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

LoCk

• View Profile
    • My deviantart
Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 11:32:30 PM
I made the guild on sorrows furnace called "Crimson Flag Comic Guild"  Acronym is CFC