Author Topic: Soul / Link  (Read 16090 times)

Aira Fox

• Fox of the Forest
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: July 01, 2013, 12:43:23 AM
It only took 3 months, but here's the long awaited 10th chapter!  [:) Soul / Link has about 5 or 6 chapters remaining after this one, though that may change.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:24:01 AM by Aira Fox »

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 08:00:57 PM
I like the blind water mage sensing the world around her through rain. Thought that was a cool touch. Kind of sounds like you're setting up a third villain-boss here, or at least trying to lead us in that direction. [;)

Looking forward to the next part!

[fox] Virmir

Aira Fox

• Fox of the Forest
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: September 08, 2013, 01:01:10 PM
After my bout with writer's block, I've finished the next chapter of Soul / Link. I knew this particular chapter would cause me a headache, as it was the one chapter of the story I hadn't fleshed out completely. I had to revise it a number of times to get me to be happy with it. Fortunately I have the remaining chapters and the epilogue all fully planned out, so they should be much easier to write.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:24:12 AM by Aira Fox »

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #18 on: September 10, 2013, 08:40:48 PM
I've always liked the concept of scary things lurking in forests. What's an epic adventure without going through one of these? [;)

Do wonder where you're going with the friendly wraith thing and also making the prediction that combining the dark magic is going to be pivotal in the upcoming battle. Looking forward to the next part, as always!

[fox] Virmir

Aira Fox

• Fox of the Forest
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 10, 2013, 11:04:42 PM
After a long battle with busyness and being unable to write due to other things, chapter 12 is here!

A note regarding future updates:

I will not be posting chapter 13 until I've finished both chapters 13 and 14. These are two chapters best read together, and it would be wrong of me to give you one without the other. These chapters will both be on the longer side, probably 2-3x the length of this one each. I'd prefer not post either of these until I've finished Soul / Link, but depending on how long it takes me to write them, I may post them both as soon as I finish.

That being said, Soul / Link is approaching its end. The story has always been planned at 15 chapters + an epilogue. You'll see with the next chapter that it's not a case of rushing things. Everything is progressing at the speed I anticipated it would.

Anyway, enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:24:25 AM by Aira Fox »

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #20 on: November 12, 2013, 07:59:48 PM
Looking good! Can sense things are winding down towards an epic end. Looking forward to what I assume will be the climax in the upcoming two chapters!

[fox] Virmir

Aira Fox

• Fox of the Forest
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: February 09, 2014, 04:46:59 PM
After work and other issues hindering my progress, I've finally finished two of the longer chapters of this story. The next chapter will be the final chapter, followed a short epilogue.

I rated these chapters PG-13 for some borderline graphic violence.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:24:36 AM by Aira Fox »

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #22 on: February 13, 2014, 08:01:16 PM
Read chapter 13! Awesome stuff so far! Will read next part next week. [:)

[fox] Virmir

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #23 on: February 25, 2014, 08:31:07 PM
Great climactic battle! This was a really fun and suspenseful culmination to the story. I enjoyed these chapters the whole way through, especially 14 (I have the ability to mentally block out gory parts, fortunately [;)) The villain seemed more realistic this time around, somehow more vulnerable and interesting due to heavily relying on his teleportation ability (though I do like Malasis better since I'm an evil overlord fan and he fit that role better). Really great downfall there. Looking forward to the conclusion!

[fox] Virmir

Aira Fox

• Fox of the Forest
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 09, 2014, 01:21:37 PM
Final chapter and epilogue are now finished, and with that, Soul / Link is now over! Thanks everybody for reading!  [:)

I plan and doing some revisions for a possible publication, but those will not be posted out in the open. For now, please enjoy!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 03:24:55 AM by Aira Fox »

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #25 on: March 11, 2014, 08:10:39 PM
Congrats on making it to the end! It was a good ending, (complete with obligatory bleh mushy scene!). The story feels complete, but you also left things open for more which is good.  Really enjoyed this story as a whole. Thanks for sharing!

[fox] Virmir