Author Topic: The Golden Gifts: Of Flight and Floof  (Read 3804 times)

Mehlahphuse

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • The sunny, gold, shapeshifting dragoness :3
    • View Profile
on: March 09, 2014, 02:23:32 PM
Well, here is the next installment of "The Golden Gifts" series I had planned out. Admittedly doing this a bit out of a semi-planned out order but this one I did early to help cheer up my good friend Dawgyjr (also known as Deej). I do have others planned to do as well as all my friends deserve something since they have been so nice to me, never asking for anything in return. But first I wanna finish the start of one of my more bigger projects. Anyways, enjoy the story.

Also, title is subject to change if I can ever figure out a better one.

Re-posted due to the ending being slightly unfit for the forums. This is the alt. ending version I also made.

------------------------------------------------------------

Deej flopped onto his bed. It had been a long day at work with his father and he just wanted to rest. It was also very hot and humid, typical Hawaiian weather. He was so glad his place was air conditioned. The young man sighed in relief at the feeling of cool air flowing over him, his long brown hair matted down by sweat. He then idly looked over to his computer, considering hopping on it to chat with friends. This thought made him sigh a little. Ever since he came to Hawaii it had been hard to keep in touch with a lot of his friends, due to both his job and the timezone he lived in. Being isolated on a small island in the middle of the biggest ocean on the planet didn't help much either. He got up lazily from his bed and decided to turn on his PC.

“Might as well see who is online to chat with.” Deej said. However, as he was about to turn on his computer there was a knock at the door. “Huh? Wonder who that could be.” Curious, he left his room and opened the door.

“Delivery for a... Dawgjr?” The deliveryman at the door said, a little confused by the name written on the package.

Deej blushed and smiled awkwardly, lightly scratching the back of his head. He guessed the package was from one of his friends who obviously didn't know who his real name was. “Umm, that will be me.”

“Oh, well sign here please.” The older man passed him a clipboard and pen, having Deej sign the invoice on the dotted line. After that the man handed him a relatively small package and thanked him, leaving to complete his deliveries.

“Hmm, wonder who this could be from.” Deej pondered out loud to himself as he settled down on the living room couch and opened up the package. Under the package wrapping was a golden box, a card and tag attached to it, the tag reading “To my favourite floofy latios, from Mehl”.

“A gift from Mehl, huh?” Deej said with a smile. Mehl was one of his furry friends online who represented himself as a golden dragoness named Mehlahphuse. He found it very sweet that “she” would send him a gift. But then a thought occurred to him. “How did she find my mailing address? I never gave it to her.” Stumped, Deej decided to read the card, curious to what it said.

Dear Deej,

I hope you like my gift. I put a lot of work into making sure that it is something special. You deserve it for being such a good friend. Anyways, enjoy. I'm sure you'll be quite surprised with your gift. ~.=.^

Love Mehlahphuse

Though the card didn't answer his question he decided it didn't really matter. Without hesitation he opened the box, determined to find out what his golden friend sent him. His jaw almost hit the ground in surprise as he pulled out a golden chain necklace and a latios Pokemon card that was obviously custom made as the picture on it was that of his fursona, a latios adorned with the same necklace he received and feathers on his head patterned to match his real hair.

“This is amazing! Such great gifts! I really need to thank Mehl for this.” Deej said, dawning the necklace. He then examined the card and noticed it only had one attack listed on it. An eyebrow raised as the attack seemed to be just gibberish and the explanation text for what the attack did didn't seem to make much sense either. “ soimrofsnart soital: transforms the reader into a latios,” Deej read out loud, chuckling a bit “Was she being for real when she made this?”

It was then that his necklace started to glow along with the card. “Woah, what's going on?” Deej cried out, looking shocked when his hands started to swell, dropping the card in the process. His fingers fused and shrank into his now swollen hands, becoming claws, his hands hardening like a pair of shells. His arms began to shrink some and turned white, sprouting tiny feathers. It all felt weird but not painful, though in all it was freaking Deej out. His face was next to change, grunting a little as his nose and jaw pulled out from his face to form a very triangular snout. He felt a tug at his ears as they grew long and upward, becoming feathery as small feathers covered his altered head, his hair becoming a mat of blue-n-white feathers as well. It was then Deej realized what was going on.

“holy shit! I'm becoming a latios! My latios!” He exclaimed, eyes wide as he watched his body change further, white feathers covering his chest while blue feathers poured over bis belly, a red triangular mark forming over the middle of it as it swelled a little. He cried out a bit as his shirt tore from the back, a pair of fin-like protrusions sprouting from his back, his new wings. He then yelped as his legs went numb, causing him to fall to the floor with a thud. “Oof!” Deej cried out, trying to rub his legs with his shrunken arms, eyes widening as he felt them wither away till only a pair of feathery tufts remained, completing the transformation. He wiggled out of the his pants and the remnants of his shirt, trying to figure out how he could move without legs anymore. Then he remembered that latios can levitate. So he closed his eyes, focusing on making his body float into the air. Sure enough it was easier then he thought as his body floated off the ground as if he was weightless.

“Oh my god! This is so freaking cool!” Deej cried out happily as he floated into the bathroom to look himself in the mirror. Indeed he did look like his latios self in every  detail. He smiled and floated back into the living room and looked at the box. He then notice there was another card sitting within. Using his new found psychic powers which came with the form he telekenetically lifted the card, opening it up and giving it a read.

Dear Latideej,

I'm sure you are finished transforming by the time you read this letter. I hope you are enjoying your new body. Just to let you know you can change back by removing your necklace which you have to be wearing in order for that spell to have worked. And yes putting the necklace back on will change you back into a latios as the spell is already active now since you read the card. Now that you are a latios you should also be able to fly at super speeds which means you could easily visit any of your friends in no time. Course if you haven't experienced any transformation or something went wrong please message me on skype the moment you can and I'll arrange for things to be fixed up pronto.

P.S. - Gendious Shiftas ~.=.^

Deej scratched his head at that last line. What the heck did that mean? He didn't have to wait long, however, as he suddenly felt tingly again. His eyes went wide as his blue feathers started to turn red, body shrinking down slightly. His belly swelled ever so subtly along with a subtle shift in muzzle shape and ear size. The last change to happen caused him to blush immensely as he felt something shift between his hind fins as he ceased to be male.

“MEHL! I WILL GET YOU FOR THIS!” Deej, now a latias, shouted into the air, “her” voice sounding much more feminine, shaking her claws at the sky. She swore she heard her friend in the distance, cackling maniacally.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 08:16:30 PM
Ha ha, the ending made me chuckle. Beyond that though, this one is very predictable like the others. Your writing style is just fine, but you'd benefit quite a bit from adding some more spice and plot. Simple TF descriptions kind of get repetitive.

Keep at it!

[fox] Virmir