Author Topic: Bloomblade vs. Uvall  (Read 13769 times)

Shifting Sands

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
on: June 11, 2012, 12:14:00 PM
"Oh, two of you sword-wielding people, huh?" Kain says, browsing over his paper. "'Yamato' and 'Bloomblade'... Demon and a 'procyon'... right. Well, I have one idea!"

As the two fighters enter the arena, Kain opens his hands and holds them out as the weapons are plucked from their hands/paws and are held in Kain's instead. He gives a creepy giggle, and then returns the blades back; but each has the other's weapon.

"There, much better. Now have at it!"

DeaThspagetti

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 01:42:44 PM
I study the sword that was given to me. "Well crap" I say with a dry tone. "No matter i will have my wish." I look up at Geoff and charge, Wilting Rose in hand

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 01:58:33 PM
Geoff blinks in surprise as his preferred weapon leaves his paws and a new, less elegant one takes its place. He appears to have a bit of trouble keeping it up, and gently unsheathes it to shed some of the excess weight. "Ah, a katana. Unbalanced, heavy, slow, and impractical, but very hard hitting and cuts through most forms of armor at its period of use. Haven't held one of these since... seven years ago? The Orient is quite a mystical place, and their arts of swordsmanship are quite elegant and beautiful, despite their weapons tending to contrast the nature."

Geoff catches himself monologuing and lightly knocks away the rapier blade with the tip of his current weapon, before addressing his opponent. "Hello there. Yamato, was it? If I heard correctly, and if my eye for the fantastical hasn't dulled over the years, you must be an otherworlder, correct? Or, 'Demon', I suppose, as you might be used to peasants and militia shouting at you. I apologize if I'm not giving you the appropriate respects, but aesthetics are non-indicative with otherworlders, and I haven't heard you speak enough, but, forgive me if I'm mistaken, you would be a member of one of the upper realms correct? Members of the mid realms tend to at least address their opponents in duels, and the occupants of lower realms typically forgo physical combat for that of mental acumen."

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

DeaThspagetti

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 02:58:36 PM
"The katana you're holding is Yamato, I am Uvall. And I am of the lower realms and the middle I guess (half-demon and stuff) . You seem very intelligent. I dislike the fact that i have to kill you, but i want to return to my seat of power as soon as possible and nothing will stop me from that." As I say this I force the rapier up and jab in rapid succesion at you,speeding time up slightly around the rapier for an instant, noting the growing plants around us.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 11, 2012, 03:06:45 PM
Geoff sighs at the assault, parrying the blows with very slight and subtle movements. "You overexert yourself. You thrust blindly at your enemy with no idea how he plans to respond. And worst of all, your grammatical structure isn't very well developed. No wonder you lost your position in the first place." Geoff notes Uvall's patterns of attack, and, breaking from his own pattern of parrying, moves to the side of Uvall's thrust and bring the blunt of the katana down towards his head.

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

DeaThspagetti

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 11, 2012, 05:03:25 PM
I delay time around the blow enough for me to duck away. I then slide away from my (now your) swords reach. i create a small portal infront of me and one portal behind you. I then punch you square in the back.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:17:32 PM by DeaThspagetti »

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 12, 2012, 11:38:25 AM
Geoff reels from the blow, stumbling forward a few steps before catching himself, and turning to face the cur. "Come now, is that really fair?" Geoff assumes a defensive stance, glaring at the otherworlder.

DeaThspagetti

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 12, 2012, 12:25:22 PM
"Fair... I don't hear that word alot. Fairness... I don't quite understand how this isn't. You haven't shown any of your own abilities, and you have seen most of mine. In fact you haven't even gone on offense. trying to read my abilities? Or perhaps you're waiting for me to exhaust myself. Regarding fairness, this is completely fair and if it isn't, well that's the problem of the person on the top of the scale. isn't it?"

I then take a defensive stance as well."I'd like to see what you can do."

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 12, 2012, 03:11:42 PM
Geoff raises an eyebrow at Uvall. "Abilities? What abilities? I rely on my body and blade, as is the way of the duelist. I keep nothing hidden, no sleights or tricks or traps. A man and his weapon are all one needs to fight, anything more is superfluous and does nothing but spoil the contest. So what are you, a man, or a child who has to hide behind magic and cantrips to mask his own inability?"

DeaThspagetti

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 03:48:24 PM
"Not all abilities are that of magic. I want to see your sword play. I want to see your style. I think I'm a young adult, after all I'm only 7,987,639 years old. Not counting these dreadfull years of a human."

I then create a portal right below me and below you and slam my foot into it. I then slip my shoe back on, speeding up time around my foot (non organic matterial cant pass through the portal). I ready myself.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 03:50:24 PM
(Waaaaait a second, if inorganic material can't pass through the portals, and you teleported your whole body through to dodge my attack earlier, wouldn't that make you naked right now?)

DeaThspagetti

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 03:55:58 PM
( i dodged an attack?)

(no i just slid away the created a portal and used my fist to punch you)
(And also my portals arent that big....)

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:58:23 PM by DeaThspagetti »

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 04:25:57 PM
(Ah, misread then.)

Geoff quickly drops down and grabs the foot, yanking it up and placing the Katana's blade against it. "Yield."

DeaThspagetti

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: June 12, 2012, 05:37:53 PM
I fall down on one knee the other through the portal. " You think I would yield from a threat to cut off my leg? Hah."
I slow time around the katana.Then I yank it back straight through the portal. My leg gets cut, a gash about a half an inch deep but 4 inches long.
I then charge up to you and hit the katana up (still in your hold) and bring the rapier straight to your neck.

"So why dont you yield" I then cough up a little blood. (from slowing time for that long)

(And on yet another side note how fast are these plant growing and what exactly do the petals do?)

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 12, 2012, 05:44:43 PM
Geoff grumbles as he finds the leg out of his grasp, too wary to risk anything of his even touching the portal. "Always with the offense, isn't it?" The raccoon makes a swift kick at the otherworlder's wound, testing whether or not this one registers pain.