Author Topic: A Rooish Tune  (Read 4454 times)

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
on: June 08, 2012, 07:28:56 PM
This is a trade story done with Cyander of FA, who had requested a Kangaroo TF, and I ran with

Thanks goes out to Fax for help editing :)

----
A Rooish Tune.

Kevin wiped his brow as he returned home. It had been a balmy day outside, and having to work out in the heavy humidity tending plants didn't do much to keep him cool. Working for a vegetable farmer was a cool job for him, but it didn't stop him from feeling tired from the heat wave. This didn't stop him from having a bit of a bounce in his step when he came home, as he knew his latest paycheck waited for him, and with it air conditioning and cool drinks with that.

The bounce in his step did last long, as he stopped and looked at the door curiously. In front of him was a rather large box. Stepping up to it, Kevin looked at the label and smiled. It was addressed from his Uncle Clark, who had decided to go on a trip around the world a year ago, and being that he had been on good terms with him before he left, was known to send him little gifts from the countries he visited. The size of this gift however was rather unusual, and made Kevin ever curious of what was inside. Unlocking the door, he brought the box in and set it on the floor.

Getting a crowbar, Kevin popped the box open and looked inside to find a very large musical instrument. Laying in a pile of packaging peanuts was a very long horn. Almost a meter and a half in length and twisting as it expanded in diameter from one end to another, the horn had an almost wild feel to it.

Kevin picked up the horn to inspect it, and as he did a small slip of paper slid out and fell on the floor. Picking the paper up he slowly read it:

“Dear Nephew,

I hope everything is going well for you in the states, both at work and at home. My journey
   around the world has landed me in Australia, and while I was journeying through the outback,
   I came upon this spectacular find, a Didgeridoo, an musical instrument of the native people of the land.         It is a spectacular find if I may say so myself, and is fun to play. Remembering how fond you are of       wind instruments, I decided to send it to you. Instructions to play it are on the back.”

with much love,
   Your Uncle Clark”

With a smile, Kevin turned the paper over and began reading the back. Reading the instructions and bringing the horn towards his lips, he attempted to blow out a low drone. The resulting blow, sounded nothing more like someone blowing air through a tube. Grumbling, Kevin looked back at the paper and read it again. Setting his mouth loosely against the end of the horn, he blew out the low drone that it needed to play, and holds the note for a minute or so.

Happy with his accomplishment, he looked back at the paper, and checked over the music selection. His brow raised a little as he read the tunes, with names such as “The Dingo Howl” and the “Kangaroo Hop”. Intrigued by this, Kevin started attempting to play the “Kangaroo Hop”.

The first attempts at playing it came out horrible. Not only did he feel like he was playing at the wrong key, his rhythm was all over the place. Sighing, he attempted to play it again, but still couldn't play the bounce of the song. Grumbling he turning back to the paper and read how to do it again, before pressing his leaps up to the edge of the horn and try it.

With slow movements along the horn he started the song, and was able to play the first bounce, when he suddenly sneezed. Bumping his nose against the end of the Didgeridoo, Kevin grimaced, and began to rub the bridge of his nose, when something felt odd. Moving his hand over his nose, it felt thicker and if it had a strange fuzz over it.

Confusion slowly changed to a feeling of uneasiness, as Kevin started to hear a familiar sound, a sound much like that would come out of his Didgeridoo. The noise followed the familiar drone, with sudden periods of spring like bounces of rhythm to it. Thinking that the instrument has some sort of prerecorded song player within it, he was about to look inside, when he jammed his nose against the end of it. Shaking his head, his expression changed to shock, as he realized his face had grown outward into a long thin snout with a thick leathery nose.

This must be some sort of strange dream...Kevin thought, before he grimaced in pain. His skin began to tear and grow anew as his ears ballooned in size, the droning song increasing in pitch and volume as they did. Shaking his head, he felt his ears and have found that they had grown long and elliptical. This really must be a dream...he though to himself, as he began to curiously touch his new ears. The small furs felt sensitive to the touch, and he could tell his hearing had amplified, as his fingers made a slight thumping sound. The curiosity with his ears got the best of him although, as with a sudden pop and snap hes legs warp out from under him and he falls face first into the floor.

“OWWWW....” Kevin says as he grimaced and holds a hand to his face. As he does he realizes his hands had begun to warp as well, as his hands now had four fingered claws. “Or maybe this isn't...” he said as he looked down at his feet a little horrified, finding them having stretched out to almost 3 times in length and twice in size, with three large toes on each foot.  His lower body began to adjust to the change in center of balance and it was adjusted even more, as with a painful yell he felt his tailbone stretching, and a large bump form from the leading edge of what remained of his pants. The bump rapidly grew outward until he had a long and broad tail. As the tail finished forming, his upper body was slowly covered in a course fur, much like that of his ears, and his body became more triangular, to better fit the shape of his changed base. With the changing of his lower half completed, the music fell still, and Kevin could see that he had been turned into a kangaroo.

Slowly getting up, Kevin looked around confused at what happened, before something on the  letter caught his eye, before they grew wide as he read it:

“PS. I found out the hard way that the horn has a strange sort of magic to it, that causes the player to change into the animal be sung...so be careful playing those sort of songs. There is a human song on the sheet although.”

Having read that, Kevin puts a hand to his face. He knew his Uncle had been eccentric, but how he wished his Uncle had been more clear. Turning the paper over he looked over the song, and set the Didgeridoo back up to play. Unfortunately, it was a lot harder to play the horn with his new muzzle, with it being a stuggle to lay his mouth flat agianst it. Discourgaged by this, he sighed, but decided its better to struggle, and began to attempt to play, knowing that while it is fun to be a kangaroo, he cannot stay, as such a life would be a hard one to live in this world.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 08:47:03 PM
Gah! Forgot to comment on this one. Cheesy and fun. The edit job definitely goes for a stronger story. [:) Always amusing how the P.S.-es are never read until after the TF. [;)

[fox] Virmir

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 08:58:33 PM
Gah! Forgot to comment on this one. Cheesy and fun. The edit job definitely goes for a stronger story. [:) Always amusing how the P.S.-es are never read until after the TF. [;)

Heeeh. What can I say, people like to rush into things.