Author Topic: TO THE ARENA  (Read 21594 times)

Shifting Sands

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
on: June 06, 2012, 07:28:22 PM
SETTING THIS UP NOW BECAUSE I LAZY BUT WANT THIS TO START SO CONFLICTING VALUES SUCK THE END.

One moment, you were... there, just minding your own business, doing whatever you were doing, but then, you weren't. You blinked, felt some sort of tingling in your blood, and then you were in the middle of a bloodstained area, featuring no one in the wellkept stands. However, before you were a number of gargantuan figures who didn't seem to quite show any... color. Literally. Some looked like they had horns, tails, or other crazy bits to their body. Even though you might share some of those same bits, they just felt... wrong. One on the far right gave a devilish grin, handed you a flyer, and then once again, you were somewhere different; somewhere with other people your (relative) size, with color, and with the same flyer as you. You glance down at it and read. Come to think of it, the words are... really strange, but you somehow still understand them.

"Greetings, players!

You're now participating in the fight of the ages - the Arena of the Old Gods. Yes, yes, it's a typical name, but we are old, and we're Gods, what else do you expect? Now, each of you are to pick your players and pick them carefully; everything you do is going to be measured against you and lead up to 'the end' of the fighting; well, not really the end for you, but you do get one item of infinite power and wealth. One wish, redeemable to wish on anything.

As for your player, there are some rules. To begin with, you are expected to do whatever you want! Creativity is looked upon favorably by us Gods. HOWEVER, do not make a kill switch, a weapon of our caliber, an "I win" button, etc. You will face harsh punishment, the least painful of which being death.

Remember, we ARE the Gods. We see all and we know all. Don't hide something like this! Especially not against us.

Your first fight is within hours. It will be against someone... less fortunate than you, someone with less control.

Lastly, your room is a cage located in the back of the area you are now in. It even has your name on it.

Love, the Gods (namely Kain)"

What you do for fun or for survival is now in your hands.

AHEM, now that that is done, I can talk about plans and stuff! Again, it's a big arena obviously, and to begin with, you won't fight other players. It's some NPC I come up with I guess, and maybe only some people will have the first fight (because it's more interesting to get everyone involved instead of 1-1 battles). OTHER THAN THAT, magic is about as common as how large the diversity of the characters is - AKA a whole dang lot. Make things up, whatever you want to begin with! You can be from any time with any power so long as you keep IT IN CHECK PLEASE THANK YOU.

Following the beginning fight, everyone will begin fighting each other. PvP, whatever you wanna call it. How this ends for each person will be up to them; you can coordinate as little or as much as you like, I don't care! If it does happen, however, please mention this! It doesn't need to be readily obvious to other people, but to the Gods it must be! BECAUSE THEY MUST SEE IT.

Once all the fighting between each other has finished, the winners will team up and begin fighting some crazy, lower-ranking deities. You might have collected powers along the way for winning, and you can use these to your advantage and whatnot.

The losers who participate can choose to either leave in spectacular fashion, perish, or fight for their lives with the winning team as well, but they come in with penalties enacted upon them. They might end up as more of a liability than teammate. So, there you go! Fun!

And if anyone asks, the Gods love entertainment and watching mortal lives pass before their eyes! It's practically like a sped-up version of life to them - people fight for meaningless causes and then die for said causes. They even openly talk about how cruel it is, but they don't care! They're the Gods!

EDIT:
Also, Kenku has applied his services to the arena! Each player can find one strange, green paper slip with a picture of his face on it, redeemable for one customizable potion - limited as he pleases.

You have 3 days! Monday, this will begin and anyone who has not submitted is not in!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2012, 08:44:50 PM by Medik Jackal »

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 07:29:59 PM
I like this idea, I would certainly join! I have no immediate ideas, but I will pool together whatever I can think of. [:)

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 06, 2012, 07:49:13 PM
Maybe we can make an RP that's like LoL in text format and use dice and stuff?  [;)

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: June 06, 2012, 07:52:29 PM
Mark me as interested.

Selden

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 06, 2012, 07:55:37 PM
I'll be happy to play along, always assuming you don't mind a working stiff taking his time replying to everything.  |;)

Tyla: Ty Ty ty Ty Ty Ty
Tyla: we need more tys
Selden: No, no, no. Then we'd need a tybreaker.
* Tvorsk snickers!
Tyla: ...
Tyla: that was...
Tvorsk: Tyla, the word you're looking for is "beautiful". {;)
Virmir: I need to hire Selden as an editor. [;)

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: June 06, 2012, 07:57:42 PM
I'd suggest DnD 3.5e or 4e if you want something fantasy, and possibly Dark Heresy if enough people are interested enough to learn the system for a Warhammer 40k centered RPG.

That being said, I myself lost interest is RPs, since they always become too disorganized and combat is annoying at best.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: June 06, 2012, 08:40:42 PM
Well I may as well throw out an idea. Why not start as a gaurd group for a town? Possibly being sent out on small missions to investigate reports of trouble or help townspeople in need?

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: June 06, 2012, 08:56:58 PM
Would actually be interesting to run a campaign with class restrictions to what you'd find in a town guard. (Clerics, Fighters, Rangers, Rogues, and other non-quadratic classes.)

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

PrincessHotcakes

• Prettiest Princess
  • I gurl
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: June 06, 2012, 08:57:50 PM
My suggestion, obviously, would involve TF.  Perhaps a plague that turns everyone but the players into anthros, everyone else into monsters... But that might be a bit overwhelming.  
TF'd, but waking up with no memories of what happened in a military facility under lockdown, with... something loose in it, be it lab experiments or robot drones?

🏳️‍⚧️Princess is a contagious condition🏳️‍⚧️
She/her pronouns please ❤️

Draykin

• Quad-Tailed Island Kitsune Warlock
  • What could possibly go wrong, besides the obvious?
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: June 06, 2012, 09:05:44 PM
Poke me about this later, Medik. I will plot on this.

It gets so lonely being evil
What I'd do to see a smile
Even for a little while
And no one loves you when you're evil
I'm lying through my teeth!
Your tears are all the company I need

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #10 on: June 07, 2012, 04:13:52 AM
Mark me as an interested player, though I'm not gonna' commit to anything (as usual).

Zavier

• This account has been TOTALLY NOT abandoned.
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: June 07, 2012, 05:48:35 AM
TF'd, but waking up with no memories of what happened in a military facility under lockdown, with... something loose in it, be it lab experiments or robot drones?

I second this idea. Honestly, I've seen (not participated in) role-plays based around the player characters being transformed and finding themselves in some strange place, and they've all gone really well. Less combat and more role-playing, usually, too.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: June 07, 2012, 07:02:43 AM
My suggestion, obviously, would involve TF.  Perhaps a plague that turns everyone but the players into anthros, everyone else into monsters... But that might be a bit overwhelming. 

http://crimsonflagcomic.com/forum/index.php?topic=346.0

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #13 on: June 07, 2012, 12:28:16 PM
I remember that one.  Was fun, at first...

Shifting Sands

• I dunno, you tell me.
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: June 07, 2012, 12:32:50 PM
Okay, so, I think the best idea would be to have a theme and whole fighting attraction/whatever that would involve a balanced number of people participating, so... ideally, I guess, we need to see who wants to do what, and pick the best option?

So just try and leave some sort of notice of what you would like the best/what would bring you in, why, all that fun stuff!