Crimson Flag Comic Forums
September 01, 2015, 12:54:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Niro's Reality Dice  (Read 100 times)
« on: August 25, 2015, 08:24:03 PM »

Your neighborhood robot weasel
"This isn't an airplane. <.<"
View Profile
Caprice
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1

Today, Niro unveiled "reality dice" in chat today.  Here are the rolls we know:

Gold (species):
1: nothing
2: hellhound
3: phoenix
4: skunk
5: squirrel
6: wolf
7: griffon
8: bunny
9: red panda
10: normal
11: bat
12: mouse
13: penguin
14: chocobo
15: otter
16: fox
17: cat
18: kitsune
19: dragon
20: Pick or nullify existing change

Silver (effects):
1: nothing
2: third-size
3: half-size
4: invisible
5: "You find yourself buried under 300 lbs of government paperwork and then shortly there after become a paper golem."
6: wings
7: tail amount doubles
8: taurification
9: nullifies effect
10: normal
11: doubles effect
12: TG
13: living liquid
14: tail triples in size
15: pooltoy
16: ghostlike
17: slime
18: double-size
19: triple-size
20: Pick or nullify existing change

Doubles:
1: Doomed Reality (anyone can choose)
20: Controlled Reality (you can choose anyone)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:50:36 PM by Caprice » Logged

(20:19:46) * (Seldragon) tries to twirl the sling, but it isn't made from dragon paws.
(20:19:55) Caprice: Of course not!
(20:20:01) Caprice: That would be a strange sling!
(20:20:23) Arroavantho: T'would
(20:20:32) (Seldragon): For, thank you. Fennec Fox Grin
(20:20:45) Caprice: I'm sigging this.  Fennec Fox Grin
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 10:00:14 PM »

Warrior of the Fade
foxwithintheflames@hotmail.com View Profile Email
Niro
Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1

I'll go ahead and let Caprice take care of the "What each number means" and after they are all figured out I'll give him the exact changes each number gives.  However, I will go ahead and post the rules of the dice here:

The gold die is known as the creature die... it is a solid gold  twenty-faced die with blue runes etched into each of its faces.
The silver die is known as the effects die....it is a solid silver twenty-faced die with red runes etched into each of its faces.

When rolling both dice the gold one always lands first... just how I have it weighted.

The dice can each be rolled three times in a day maximum.  At midnight CST (my midnight) the effects of the dice wear off and the rolls reset.

I keep the dice on me in a dice pouch, so if you want to roll them just make sure I'm on.
(This is just to keep an easy tally of how many times people have rolled them and cut down on the chaos I've caused with these a bit)

There are two special effects for rolling both dice at once...
Double 20's Controlled Reality - Give you the ability to set one effect and creature status to yourself or anyone else (Doesn't even have to be listed on the dice!)
Be warned though this can be countered by magics of other fuzzies so pick your target wisely (For those not wanting to be randomly TF'd )

Double 1's Doomed Reality - When you rolled the dice you took this chance ... its rare but bound to happen.  The last person to roll the die (in case two different people rolled each die)
get to pick an effect that happens to you (for the last who rolled silver) and a creature for you to turn into (for the last that rolled gold).
(These effects and creature also do not have to be from the dice charts!)
In the event you are the first roll of the day... the dice owner, Niro, decides your doomed fate.

In the event the dice are lost I can retrieve them with a whistle.

Pretty sure that covers all the rules of the dice, hope they bring fun and chaos to the chat <3.

If you want post your favorite things the dice have turned you into in this thread XP

« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 10:05:59 PM by Niro » Logged

-whistles in thought-
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 10:02:47 PM »

View Profile
Talcott-Otter
Newcomer

Thanks for posting, that really makes the chat roleplay much less confusing.
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 01:59:29 AM »

Illusionist Black Cat
View Profile
Arroavantho
Newcomer

Thanks to these dice, I became a 15-foot tall Ghostlike Living-Liquid Anthro Luxray.  The "Giant Ghostwater Luxray", as I termed it, is basically a triple-type Pokemon.  Best. Roll. Ever.

As a side note, it wasn't that good of a die roll when I first rolled living liquid since I am severely hydrophobic, but the ghost turned the horror into quite the useful combo.

(02:23:48) (GiantGhostwaterLuxray): This is what happens when Pokemon get into Chernobyl.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: