Author Topic: Bears on the big screen  (Read 7959 times)

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
on: November 04, 2009, 10:21:29 PM
Because I have a strange obsession with evaluated every piece of Anthropomorphic material that hits the news media...

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/news/2009-11-03-Berenstainbears03_ST_N.htm

Remember these guys? I thought they were always a bit...light a fluffy. And they're not really very much fauna. They always hit me as the exact generic picture of Anthro. But what do you think?

((In addition....what do you think of the phrase "a slight makeover to bring it into the three-dimensional style, but we'll embrace the core design elements"?))

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

LoCk

• eater of souls. devourer of worlds.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Pirate otter! >:V
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 01:47:25 AM
huh... i really want to know how they change their look. i cant imagine them any other way to be honest. and i think the movie might not be that good....  or i might not like it becuase they look goofy.

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 05:29:53 AM
Haha! I remember them! I still have some (very tattered) books of theirs... Yay for childhood memories! (and the realization of how much anthropomorphic things were exposed to as a child... Virmir's quote is makes it all the more amusing)

Anywho, "Light a fluffy?" I guess you mean the Berenstain bears aren't really 'anthro' in the aspect that they are just humans in fursuits.

Yea I wouldn't say they are really furriers since they aren't really any different from humans at all, there are not many fundamental differences (from what I remember) on how they live their lives apart from superficial things. But that's kind of the point, they are just meant to be humans as a metaphor for teaching kinds stuff

They're "Generic Furryies", pretty much,but in he sense they are picture prefect Furry version of the generic perfect (human) family.

(sorry if this sounds scattered and loony... 10pm is usually wayyy past my bedtime ]:P )

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 11:56:26 AM
"Hey guys, we've run out of childhood memories to utterly destroy through modernization!"

"Oh, no!  What ever will we do now?"

"Wait! I found one more!"

"YAY!"

[fox] Virmir

EmperorDJ

• Meme Connoisseur
  • Wow
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 14, 2009, 08:39:01 PM
"Hey guys, we've run out of childhood memories to utterly destroy through modernization!"

"Oh, no!  What ever will we do now?"

"Wait! I found one more!"

"YAY!"
"WHY!?" DX

(02:16:36) KaiAdin: 2dogs is Famous in Europe XD XD

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 07:16:33 PM
In my follow-up, I completely agree with Virmir. This doesn't seem to be really inspired at all. It's just a case of saying "Oh, remember how much we liked these characters growing up? Let's make a modern movie out of it!" No good can come of this. What's wrong with creating some new compelling characters?

Grrrrrrr....this is why we get no respect. We're either too childish like this movie will undoubtedly or too adult.

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!