Author Topic: Blarg!  (Read 8030 times)

Jonas

• Writer Fox, Glasses Fox, Book Fox, Bouncy Fox!
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • Yip!
    • View Profile
on: November 04, 2009, 09:23:55 PM
So I've been trying to do a new picture but I'm having the most frustrating time making another head for Jonas, I just can't get the muzzle right anymore for some reason {:( anyone have a suggestion other than copying the same head each time?

"Technically speaking, phoenixes are actually pretty flammable." --Donnie

Lopez

• Resident (Human) Analyzer
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • Your friendly local Human Representative
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 09:48:09 PM
Evaluate Muzzle Technique. This sounds complicated, but it's very important. First, head over to Artspots or another such site, then find a ton of pictures involving a muzzle that you like. Don't just look at the muzzle, think about what was going through the artist's mind as they drew it......I'm really not getting through here, aren't I? ]:O

In short:

Sharp=Cool

Curved=Cute

This is all I think about while drawing muzzles.

Wwaaaaaait, you're stage/phase/level 3. Oh snap!

Perhaps you should ignore everything I just said. Or, it might be useful to you. Hmmmmm...gimme a minute.

You feel frustrated. You were previously able to do things correctly. Now, you perform tasks wrongly. Why? Has your actual drawing changed? Or is it only your PERCEPTION of your drawing? Unless you just lost your dominant hand in a horrible accident, it's probably mostly your perception.

I do have a suggestion other than copying the same head each time...copy different heads each time. As I said, find pictures of muzzles and copy them. However, make sure that it's not just from the same person, try to take a variety of art styles (that you like) into account.

Don't give up! Remember why you're doing this! ]:)

((If you are at all confused, feel free to reply to me. I would be ESPECIALLY happy to elaborate on the 4 Stages of Skill Mastery, if you have a spare hour or two.))

...but that's just my opinion, so don't let it bother you too much!

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 01:05:01 AM
I was thinking more of... dont copy heads, try to do them 'freehand' and just keep practising... the first dozen or more will look horrible, but you'll get better and you'll develop your own style  too!
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 01:11:07 AM by KaiAdin »

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.