Author Topic: New About page!  (Read 15150 times)

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
on: November 23, 2008, 07:15:08 PM
I just saw the news box announcing the new About page, while checking around for updates...

Anyway, what were those few good comics and stories on the net that inspired the comic? It would be nice to see what inspired the setting and stuff.

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 01:09:07 PM
Good question!

Tales of the Questor for one.  It's a fantasy heavy setting, but details are all well thought out.  The story centers around a fun and imaginative original race too.  This is really the first great webcomic I got into, and it put the option of telling a story through a comic medium into my mind.

I enjoyed reading Metamor Keep stories so much I wrote several of my own and took over management of the website. [;)  This setting isn't so much an inspiration for this comic as it is a collection of things I'm interested in all in one place.  It's fantasy-medieval themed, it's got plenty of magic, and hey, the main character I write about is a fox.  So there you go. [;)

Hmmm... probably can also blame that one awesome Sonic the Hedgehog cartoon I went back and caught up on around that time.  It's just so fun and colorful, but at the same time dark and intelligently written.

[fox] Virmir

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 10:38:25 PM
Oh cool! you read Tales of the Questor as well. |:) What I like about TOTQ is its nearly-scientific explanations of the way lux works in the world. Its really logical and really enhances the story since that  pure magical power and spellcasting can't save the day, you need to have your wits about you.

With your description of the airships levitation/propulsion system and your inspiration from TOTQ, it'll be interesting to see how your magic system pans out.

Bowie

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 25, 2008, 12:01:41 PM
Aha! wyvern?

If you don't mind me asking; what do you mean by "demonic rodent thing"? If you give me a description I can find a few examples of names.

Asperger's opens as many doors as it closes.  Damn doors.
Alas...

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 08:17:56 PM
They are called muriden actually.  We will meet them soon enough. [;)

[fox] Virmir

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 10:07:42 PM
If you don't mind me asking; what do you mean by "demonic rodent thing"? If you give me a description I can find a few examples of names.

They are called muriden actually.  We will meet them soon enough. [;)

There's an interesting tid-bit (not a description though) about the Muriden at the Crimson Flag wiki page on Caerreyn  (Caution: semi-Spoilers)