Author Topic: Backstory of Trask  (Read 5513 times)

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
on: October 30, 2011, 08:58:27 AM
Wasn't sure if this was applicable to that story thread, so I just threw it over here. Been meaning to write up a bit of a backstory [:)

Trask is a gray fox toon, primarily a mage, but has many other skills. He is a wanderer, his travels have greatly expanded his abilities and experiences far beyond his 'home' realm of the Eastern Sarichan domains where he was created. A world much like Final Fantasy and other such fantasy universes, it was there that Trask was able to hone and develop his natural talents in psychic powers, magic, and quickly took up weapons training, archery, and many trades, becoming well-versed in nearly everything there.

Not your typical creature you will find just anywhere, Trask consists of ink, and mana, which serve as his life force, but also can be used as tools. He can be found wandering the dream worlds, toon domains, and any other reality, although he has been to places with high technology, he is still more familiar with what he was brought up in. His personality can be simply described as friendly, outgoing, random, and charmingly silly, he has vowed to always help others, spread happiness, and prosperity where ever the wind takes him. He has been called a hero for his kind and selfless deeds, but he believes he is just a simple gray fox serving those in need and whom are friends, putting their needs before his, for those who have earned his trust, he even goes as far as a personal sacrifice for their own safety, benefit, and well-being, deep down, he wishes for their happiness and prosperity.

There are many unique traits to this fox, his tail stripe is not merely a simple fur pattern, but a special toon ink that enables him to transform whatever he may draw with it, into a real object, but has limited uses and must be given time to replenish. Also unique to him is his ability to copy the powers/abilities/skills of another being, he also uses a spirit needle, a fantastic object that acts as a universal sewing needle, binding anything together as if it were natural, seperate anything from each other, and even change properties of the object(s) that the needle is being used on. And of course, his outfit, made of an ultra light fiber of unknown origin, it wards harmful magics and energies of all sorts, and is enchanted naturally to be protective like armor, but most important of them all is his scape.

Serving as a cool accessory, and a useful tool, the scape is a hybrid cape and scarf, acting as a flying device, protective shield, and a storage for all of his items. Trask may not be a master of any one particular skill or profession, what makes up for it is his myriad of innate and learned abilities, his biggest talent is his capacity to mix what he knows together to cover his weaknesses. If he is lacking in physical power, he can add more punch behind his attack with magic, or enchantments.

In combat he can rely on his experiences and training with most any weapon, from swords, polearms, axes, and staffs, hammers and so on, to bows, crossbows, and he even picked up a thing or two on firearms as well. Lastly he also knows paw-to-paw martial arts, although somewhat rudimentary, it's a special school that blends fancy, graceful, and tricky moves with magic, illusion, and crippling assaults to the pressure points on one's body, not aiming to overpower or damage, but to incapacitate and eliminate the ability for further aggression.

Over his travels he has accumulated many allies, some of which he has learned new things and even obtained new items from them, and shared his knowledge and experience in return, he currently finds himself here, in Crimson Flag.

Edit: He is also a part-time living plushtoy and pooltoy, doesn't need food, water, or sleep to live, and even has some alternate outfits too, each with their own effects. (He apparently is also flavored like Rocky Road Ice Cream.)

He has five spirit foxes, obtained through a special fox guardianship pact, where in, they provide protection for Trask, in exchange they live inside his spirit, each are a different color, can be feral or anthro, and are not known to have a gender, or names. They can be summoned at will, but each spirit fox requires an upkeep of mana to remain outside his body.

He has been known also to perform ink transfusions, surgery, and all manner of experimental procedures on other toon fuzzies, making him sort of a doctor by experience. And lastly, he has even taken up playing magical instruments, turning music into a powerful weapon, causing effects that aid himself or his allies/friends, or sapping the enemy's willpower, morale, and even inflicting dangerous effects and harm to them as well.

Mini little bio too:

Name: Trask Kyuro
Height: 3' 6.5"
Weight: He is very light.
Species: Gray Fox Toon.
Profession: All-purpose mage, and fox of many trades.

Tell me what you think, I probably will add more, but this is a rough outline/idea of sorts. [;)

Extra info  for the Spirit needle and thread.

A large sewing needle, roughly the size of a dagger or shortsword of sorts, with a glowing crystal just above where you feed the thread through the loop. It's quite simple to use, but one must have aptitude in both sewing and magic in order to use it properly, mostly magic.

The spirit needle's thread is actually raw mana in a semi-solid thread form, which is of course, powered by the mana in your body. It does have technically infinite capacity for the thread, but it uses you (or another source of mana) as the power source, which the glowing crystal on the needle allows to be possible.

The primary purpose and ability of the spirit needle, is to transform living beings of any sort, into plush toys, pooltoys/inflatables and such, it does so by a special magic weaved into the creature via stitching of the seams into the skin, it is entirely painless, and even stabbing someone with it will produce no wound, or bleeding. It's secondary, but equally important function, is the ability to bond anything, or seperate anything from anything else, no matter what it might be.

Alas, without proper mastery of magic, it's quite useless for most anyone else, granted you can still use it as an ordinary sewing needle, but it wouldn't have any of it's unique abilities to the one using it. In which case, it would just look like a fancy larger sewing needle.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 09:36:03 AM by Trask »

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

DigitFiredrake

• Fluffwolf of all trades
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 06:35:17 AM
I like it =3 I especially like his magic tools. XD Him and Tech shear a TON in common.   [:P

-----------------------------------------------------------
There are two kind of people in this world those who are wise enough to know they are crazy and those who aren't.

PrincessToyTime

• View Profile
Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 11:41:16 AM
I like it =3 I especially like his magic tools. XD Him and Tech shear a TON in common.   [:P
Indeed! they would probably make great travel companions! [:)

DigitFiredrake

• Fluffwolf of all trades
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:31:39 AM
Well, Tech doesn't like to leave his lab for too long.... BUT that's why he invented a teleporter. =p So by travle buddies you mean he ZAPS you around somewhere and hangs out while your there, sure  [:)

-----------------------------------------------------------
There are two kind of people in this world those who are wise enough to know they are crazy and those who aren't.

PrincessToyTime

• View Profile
Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 03:52:41 AM
Well, Tech doesn't like to leave his lab for too long.... BUT that's why he invented a teleporter. =p So by travle buddies you mean he ZAPS you around somewhere and hangs out while your there, sure  [:)
*nods* I understand, sadly, by contrast, Trask doesn't have a permanent home, thus, he wanders, making friends on his travels, learning new things, etc. He keeps everything he owns in his Scape, so while he might lack a home, the supplies inside that seemingly normal garment could rival even factories in terms of supplies! As for the other part, close enough for me! [:P

CZM

• Cleo Alverick
  • Crimson Flag Fan
  • Hi all~
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 11:23:20 PM
wow...Most any Weapon... cool Trask ]:)

"i was being ignored by everyone and alone again... it's hurt..., but... clemaxgra was pets my head from behind for cheer me...." (CZM) :)