Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds  (Read 110260 times)

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 11:11:52 AM
Fen, I editied my actions in this case, but do remeber to check other actions during the turn to make sure stuff doesn't conflict next time.

Also Draygn, it may be worth to expand your second shape land. After all, you are allowed to mess around with an additional 3 squares, and you can shape lands in multiple ways within that area during the point expenditure.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 11:14:43 AM by Kenku »

Dragyn

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #16 on: November 12, 2011, 02:31:16 PM
Hmm...if that's true, then I'll use any leftover shape land to expand the land under the intersection of C1, C2, D1, and D2 north a bit.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: November 12, 2011, 06:59:50 PM
ack, sorry Kenku! I thought you were doing stuff way on the other side of the world!
that said, the northern portion of the axe-shaped continent is going to be ridiculous. O_o steaming jungles to the south, frozen glaciers to the north, and a huge mountain range fulls of swift rivers right in the middle.

I like the chaotic nature this world is getting from four different people all doing different things.

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 12, 2011, 11:03:25 PM
Isn't the sheer chaos great? Just wait until people start dropping avatars, races and cities into the game! Then things should get really interesting!

As for my own move, I'm going to do 2 uses of (Shape Climate) to cool down the area north of the ridge at C4 on the northwestern continent and a use of (shape land) to raise a crystal island at D11 and then use the remaining 3 cells to change I10, I11, J10 and J11 into rocky badland broken up by rivers of magma/ fire costing a total of 7 points

EccentricOrbit

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 08:59:38 AM
This is a fascinating game!

So ... since I'm newly posting, I get 6 points? That spot on E12 looks like it would make  a great bottleneck. If I may, I'll use shape land to put some mountain ranges there (the geology of plate tectonics can take a hike).

Also, if we're allowed to use shape land to create islands, I would put one at D6 so all three continents can fight over it later (muahaha).

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 09:03:07 PM
Fax - 9 - 7 + 4 + 2 = 8
Dragyn - 14 - 8 + 8  = 14
Kenku - 8 - 8 + 6 + 2 = 8
Fen - 11 - 6 + 11 + 2 = 18
EccentricOrbit - 6 - 3 + 6 + 1 = 10
(next new person to post) - 7

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 09:35:40 PM
Hmm...

(3)Run a cliff along the left side of the island in B2, and place a small circular lake in the center, surrounded by hills. Create a small floodable sea level land bridge connecting E4 to E5.

Thats all for this turn, going to save for next.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2011, 10:17:00 PM by Kenku »

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 11:00:14 PM
This turn, I shall extend a land bridge between D4 and F5, connecting 2 major landmasses.
Whatever land is leftover from that will be used to fill in most of the inlet in D1, leaving a much smaller inlet in its stead.
I'll also drop the temperature in D1 1 step.

(Total of 5 pts. used.)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 14, 2011, 06:50:42 AM
(3)
Okay, I'll use Shape Land to shave off that little hump on E8 to make the coastline a bit smoother, and throw down a bunch of linked coral reefs in between the central continent and the northern section of the far-right continent. [from D7 to F10, out in the ocean] reef rises out of the ocean a bit, kind of like an atoll.

(3)
Another shape land to make a large expanse of desert on the land of F10 to F13, with a bit going into the G row.

Six points total used.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 11:29:18 AM by Fen »

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #24 on: November 14, 2011, 08:44:16 AM
Hey guys, I'm going to need a clarification on some of these moves.
First, Dragyn, you realize that you're duplicating what Kenku is doing this turn? I generally parse things in terms of who posted first that turn (however, this doesn't prevent you from overwriting things the next turn)
Second, Fen, regarding that desert. Which continent is it on? cause F9-F13 does two continents and a chunk of ocean. or did you just want a big spit of land all along that range connecting the two continents and covered in desert?

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: November 14, 2011, 11:28:58 AM
oh, no. derp. I meant F10, not F9. I'll edit the post to fix that.
and, no, not filling in the ocean with sand, just making the otherwise blank terrain all inhospitable and dusty and whatnot.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #26 on: November 14, 2011, 05:07:41 PM
Derp.  Read through to make sure nobody else was doing that, and somehow missed the post where someone had.

Change of plans for me, then.  Skip that step, and make a small island off the coast in E1.  Use roughly the same amount as the land bridge would have, and still fill in the gap in D1.

EccentricOrbit

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: November 17, 2011, 07:53:11 PM
Hmm, run a river with some woods/grasslands bordering it down the center of the righthand continent, F,G,H 12.

-9 points.

PS - if I don't reply in a day, don't wait up on me. Life regularly interrupts playing god.  [:P
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 09:41:09 PM by EccentricOrbit »

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 18, 2011, 12:18:35 AM
Hmm, run a river with some woods/grasslands bordering it down the center of the righthand continent, F,G,H 12.

-9 points.

PS - if I don't reply in a day, don't wait up on me. Life regularly interrupts playing god.  [:P

That would only cost you 3 actually, since you can cover 4 squares an action.

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 19, 2011, 03:54:41 PM
Ok, I am going to Shape Land to make a chain of mountains from A11 to C13 and then Shape Climate to cool them down to icy cold costing a total of 5 points