Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds  (Read 110269 times)

Dragyn

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #45 on: November 24, 2011, 01:23:29 PM
Is it?  Good to know.
Must've misread that.

Raf_Cian

• View Profile
Reply #46 on: November 24, 2011, 02:24:48 PM
I got recruited yesterday, and while it's my prerogative to join or not... I'm really a cosmology nut so how could I resist? So yeah, first post in the forum is in a game thread.

So seven(7) points listed for the next new poster. Still plenty of untouched land so far. I'll break ground on the island occupying I-9 and I-10. Fill the landmass of the island with dense tropical jungle while increasing the climate to about that found at the equator. It's looks to be just about a square inch of total land mass, so just one use of change land and change climate should get the job done. Total points spent, five(-5).

If it's possible to do with the same change land action, drop a red crystal in the center of the island as well. Otherwise I'm out of usable points to spend in my introduction post.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #47 on: November 27, 2011, 03:04:35 PM
EccentricOrbit hasn't been around since the 22nd. Should we go on without, and just have his points be saved in case he shows back up?

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #48 on: November 27, 2011, 05:51:49 PM
I'm going to give him until monday since thats the earliest I can get to updating the maps anyways

EccentricOrbit

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #49 on: November 28, 2011, 05:12:46 PM
I'm going to give him until monday since thats the earliest I can get to updating the maps anyways
Gah! Don't wait on me. I don't want to hold up the game. I regularly have stuff going on that can keep me away from the internet.

As for actions ... cover the D1,2,3 area with marshy deciduous forests (3). I'll conserve the rest of my power for now.

Are we doing animals/specifics about the environment yet?

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 05:17:30 PM by EccentricOrbit »

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #50 on: November 28, 2011, 08:38:13 PM
Alright, for my turn I'm going to create another avatar, the grand dragon Raval Brightwing. He's a titanic irridescent scaled dragon that will for the time being wander the world doing....stuff. He is neither benevolent nor malevolent, merely acting as is his wont.

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 28, 2011, 08:51:19 PM
Fax - 11 - 10 + 5 + 3 = 9
Dragyn - 19 - 5 + 7  = 21
Kenku - 21 - 9 + 8 = 20
Fen - 21 - 12 + 7 = 16
EccentricOrbit - 13 - 3 + 7 = 17
Raf_Cian - 7 - 5 + 9 = 11
(next new person to post) - 8

As for specifics about the environment, or really anything else, please do give any details you want! The more the better!

I'm going to allow a week from each update post for people to get their moves in, anything after that and I'll only accept them up to the point where I make the next post

As far as changing the age, I completely forgot to ask if anyone objected to moving to the next age. If there's a majority of people in favor of staying in this age then we will, otherwise the default will be for the game to proceed to the 2nd age

« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:51:58 PM by Fax »

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #52 on: November 28, 2011, 09:04:17 PM
Hmm...time to add a celestial being to the mix

(10)Creating the Avatar: "The Flames Hand": Born within "The Lands that Burn"(the southern volcanic region), "The Flames Hand" is a Nine-Tailed Kitsune who brings light and prosperity to the faithful, and wrathful flame and unluck to thoes that wish to threaten them. He is an entity seen most times through his tails spirits, but will be seen in true form when the situation is dire.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 28, 2011, 10:18:49 PM
personally I'd prefer we stay in the first age until we've got the rest of the map landscaped. it's not much though, so no worries. We can probably finish that up on this round.

I'll make the blank area around G12 a savannah, and use the rest of that Shape Land to make C8-C10 a dense swamp area (keeping the forests as-is, though... and yes, swamp mountains.)

Then another Shape Land to make the B11-B13 mountains a frozen tundra.

Six points down and significant amounts of land un-blanked.

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #54 on: November 28, 2011, 10:44:19 PM
Alright then, lets make this the last round of the first age and then move on to the second age.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #55 on: November 29, 2011, 09:13:57 AM
I thought it was a majority vote? I'm the only one who has said anything on the matter... O_o?

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #56 on: November 29, 2011, 11:56:12 AM
ahhh, you're right. I got a bit ahead of myself, since I'd also vote for moving on to the 2nd age. Everyone else please do post your votes on this.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: November 29, 2011, 02:39:13 PM
At the moment...I will abstain. The landscape still has a couple holes in it, but I want to see what the rest of the peoples actions are. If its extended although, Id say no more than 1 more turn.

EccentricOrbit

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #58 on: November 29, 2011, 04:25:05 PM
I'll paste some grassland over the north half of the southern continent. (~8 squares - that makes that 6 points of shape land?)

Hmmm - I'll also use shape land to put a fractal forest of bizzare spiky gypsum crystals at D4. (3)

(9 points spent)

PS - I'm ready to switch ages at the end of the turn if everyone else is.

PPS - curious - what program are you using for the maps?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 04:31:16 PM by EccentricOrbit »

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #59 on: November 29, 2011, 07:28:29 PM
My vote would fall in favor of moving on to the next age after this turn.

I see nothing else I wish to do in this age, so I will continue to sit idle for this turn.