Author Topic: Dawn of Worlds  (Read 110250 times)

Fax

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: November 19, 2011, 05:24:27 PM
Fax - 8 - 5 + 4 + 3 = 10
Dragyn - 14 - 5 + 5  = 14
Kenku - 8 - 3 + 10 + 3 = 18
Fen - 18 - 6 + 7 = 19
EccentricOrbit - 10 - 3 + 9 = 16
(next new person to post) - 7

EccentricOrbit

• Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: November 20, 2011, 12:04:26 PM
To the extent that my points allow, cover the bottom half of the southern central continent in dense spooky pine forests.

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: November 20, 2011, 07:29:54 PM
(3) From the lake in B12, run a river through the mountains of C12 and down to the edge of the mountains for E12, covering the non-mountinous area surrounding it in swamps.
(3) Have a great canyon form along the border southern volcanic region, and along the un altered side of I12 and H12 cover it in tundra and grasslands(depending on climate)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: November 20, 2011, 09:15:09 PM
(3) create some more smallish islands in the southwest archipelago, around H1-J2, make said islands of the archipelago in H1-J4 tropical islands.

(2) make I3-J4 a step hotter, because tropical islands in the middle of blizzard territory is silly.

5 point total

I like the fact that I can actually over a large-seeming area like that with how the 4 square equivalency system works, it's a nice touch. On the other hand, the worldwide climate is beyond the impossible at this point. XP

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #34 on: November 20, 2011, 09:16:45 PM
(3) create some more smallish islands in the southwest archipelago, around H1-J2, make said islands of the archipelago in H1-J4 tropical islands.

(2) make I3-J4 a step hotter, because tropical islands in the middle of blizzard territory is silly.

5 point total

I like the fact that I can actually over a large-seeming area like that with how the 4 square equivalency system works, it's a nice touch. On the other hand, the worldwide climate is beyond the impossible at this point. XP

Not really. You have weird climate points in the real world, due to stuff like the currents. The European climate are a good example.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: November 20, 2011, 09:19:07 PM

5 point total

Not really. You have weird climate points in the real world, due to stuff like the currents. The European climate are a good example.

oh! then we have to fix this and make the climate truly bizarre.

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #36 on: November 21, 2011, 12:39:36 AM
If everyone else posts before I change this, assume I'm just saving my points, for now. 

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #37 on: November 22, 2011, 08:05:57 PM
Alright then, I'm going to create an avatar cause every world requires an eldritch abomination lying dormant in the world.

Its the sort've thing that breaks the minds of pretty much all mortals that view it, fallen to the world from the void where it will lie dormant for long aeons

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #38 on: November 22, 2011, 08:12:18 PM
Fax - 10 - 10 + 8 + 3 = 11
Dragyn - 14 + 5  = 19
Kenku - 18 - 6 + 9 = 21
Fen - 19 - 5 + 7 = 21
EccentricOrbit - 16 - 9 + 6 = 13
(next new person to post) - 7

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: November 22, 2011, 09:09:16 PM
Hmm...Ill cultivate the land a little more.
(3) From the mountains of F6 a river delta forms and covers the land of E5, E6 and F5.

(3)The lakes of D2 form the center of a large fjord which a river flows along from C1 to D3, the river connecting each lake together with the others, and creating a fetile flood plain in the center.

(3)The Island of E1 rises as one tall mountain, to which strangely a large emerald crystal stands up top, showing it and the neighboring peninsula in green light. The Peninsula itself is strangely scarred, as if strange energies were warping it.(I figured I may as well throw something weird in here.)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #40 on: November 23, 2011, 09:09:24 AM
I believe I will also create an Avatar. It is a giant eyeless grey quadrupedal skink. It has webbed feet and breathes fog.

I'm also going to make D9 a step hotter, so totaling out at 12 points spent.

(avatar's description style totally not stolen from Dwarf Fortress)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:23:49 AM by Fen »

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #41 on: November 23, 2011, 11:43:47 AM
I will enlarge the largest island in I-1, engulfing several of the smaller islands around it, and make a mountain rise up in the center of the new formation, an expansive cave network formed within.  I'll also raise the temperature there by 2 steps.

(-7 pts.)

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #42 on: November 23, 2011, 05:25:37 PM
Hey Fen, would you mind giving a description of your avatar? It doesn't have to be anything major, just an idea of what it is and what it does. That said, the more description the better. (also, feel free to add on at later points if you think of anything you want to add to it) Same goes to everyone with pretty much anything you feel like adding, especially civilizations, avatars and orders.

Also, Dragyn, thats only going to cost you five points

Dragyn

• View Profile
    • Canonfodder
Reply #43 on: November 24, 2011, 06:53:48 AM
Pretty sure it's 7.  2 steps hotter, yes?

Fax

• View Profile
Reply #44 on: November 24, 2011, 08:25:46 AM
Nah, its one use to make it as hot or cold or whatnot as you want