Author Topic: Metamor Keep RP (?)  (Read 229170 times)

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #555 on: November 20, 2009, 09:17:17 PM
Geary sighed. "Well, it's great to know how valuable you consider us in comparison to yourself." He chuckled a bit.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
    • View Profile
Reply #556 on: November 20, 2009, 09:59:12 PM
"Hey, a girl has to save her body from a bone crunching bear hug." She said with a laugh. "Sadly I don't have anything to give for your disturbance. Anything you need?"

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #557 on: November 20, 2009, 10:08:47 PM
Geary laughed. "Hehe, it's no problem, really. I'd just like to know where my clothing is right now..." The cat looks to the book on the ground. "What's that you're reading?"

* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #558 on: November 20, 2009, 10:11:28 PM
"How to save cats from bears." She lied... as she was reading a guide about stealth and spying >_>.

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #559 on: November 20, 2009, 10:16:48 PM
Geary chuckled at Iasha's joke. "I guess that came in handy just now, didn't it? But really, what are you reading?"

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #560 on: November 20, 2009, 10:19:37 PM
She thought for a moment and had a slight idea...
"A book about spying on people." She chuckled. "No not really, just a cook book." She corrected herself... feeling that the joke wouldn't work that well.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
Reply #561 on: November 20, 2009, 10:23:54 PM
* Fenrs adjusted his round glasses, pushing them back into position.
"No cookbook I know of has diagrams of throwing knife techniques in it. Unless you're planning on catching  the meat yourself?"

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Donnie

• Mage of the TabletPC
    • View Profile
Reply #562 on: November 20, 2009, 10:25:31 PM
She closed the book quickly.
"Perhaps I do wish to catch some meat?"

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #563 on: November 20, 2009, 10:28:32 PM
"Then you'll want to be looking at page 37, underneath the "Last ditch efforts when spotted" section. It's rather helpful."
* Fenrs wandered over to a nearby bookcase and pulled out a green colored book.
"Ah, I remember this one. I rather like it."

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #564 on: November 20, 2009, 10:31:36 PM
Geary chuckled at Fenrs' discovery and began looking through the books. "Hm... all these are on fighting styles and advanced methods of combat... more so their by some of the most famous scholars in the world... why doesn't it surprise me that the majority of them would be in Metamor?"

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #565 on: November 20, 2009, 10:34:11 PM
"A scholar must learn how to defend himself, and his work, lest he run the risk of losing all he has worked for, and the potential to work further."
* Fenrs browses through his book of advanced escape routes and improvision in battle.
"Hehe, I remember having fun times with that one.."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 10:37:01 PM by Fenrs »

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #566 on: November 20, 2009, 10:52:00 PM
"Feh." The cat muttered. "I hate fighting. Don't see the appeal in it." Geary picked a book at random and opened it to a random chapter. "I wonder what the world would be like if we didn't have it to begin with..."

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #567 on: November 20, 2009, 11:09:49 PM
"An absence of violence would mean a world in which nothing than can only eat meat would survive. There would be no predatory species, there would be imbalance. No wars or battles or hunting of animals to restrain populations, with this would mean that many more plants would be eaten each day by herbivores, and more wood would be used, for homes and fires for the increased population."
* Fenrs replaces the book on a shelf.
"Though long in coming, a land with no violence means a land that is destroying itself by imbalanced levels of consumption. Eventually, all the plants would be gone. Nothing would be able to survive on meat, for nothing had the need to since its ancestors. Everything would starve, and all that would be left would be the earth, the rocks, and the water."
* Fenrs adjusts his glasses again.
"However unfortunate it may be, some fighting is necessary to keep the balance, but not too much... Then we have a different ending, which is instead the death of the animals, leaving the plants to remain as well."

Geary

• Pyro
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #568 on: November 20, 2009, 11:18:02 PM
Geary sighed. "You know what I mean. I mean fighting among men and women. There's not much point in taking something so out of context that it's not even remotely similar to the desired meaning."

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #569 on: November 20, 2009, 11:26:53 PM
"Peace would be nice, true, but my point was that everything is the way it is for a reason. Even if that reason has to be found, it is there, and usually a good one. As for avoiding fighting yourself, I recommend this book. It has served me well in my travels, despite the age of the techniques and information inside."
* Fenrs pulls out the green book from before and hands it to Geary.
"I try to avoid such conflict as much as I can, but sometimes you just can't do that... So it also have some things on what to do in those situations."