Author Topic: Fenonian Drawings (and other stuff)  (Read 7028 times)

Fen

• Secret Wizard
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • For the glory of the sammich!
    • View Profile
on: August 17, 2011, 05:53:40 PM
EDIT: these pictures-of-drawings are pretty bad, there are scans of them further down!

Well, I decided to draw some things with a mechanical pencil recently, because I had a big book of blank paper specifically bought for me to draw things in. Which I then drew in. Here's a few pictures of what I drew, since I couldn't get the scanner/printer thing we have to scan them. As a bonus, I also took pictures of the sword and two knives I have in my possession.

First, a drawing of a staff topped by a claw holding an orb.

Then the moon, accompanied by a cloud in the night sky.

And a dragon based on a four-eyed dragon figurine I saw in a store and thought was awesome.

some fire, since I wanted to see how it would turn out. I think it went pretty well!

this is a drawing of one of the knives I own, and an optical-illusion cube since when I've always loved to doodle those.

This is a piece of toast with funky eyebrows, and you may have seen it somewhere else, drawn far better than it is here.

Last, but not least, is a quickly-drawn city I did up one night at ~2:00 AM when I couldn't sleep. I call it "Emergency City" and I'm thinking about using it in a story someday.

(the pictures of sharp pointy things will be arriving shortly, I felt this was a lot of pictures to put in one post so I'll put them in another)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 12:35:04 PM by Fen »

When was the last time you hugged your sammich?

Xzadfor

• Crimson Flag Fan
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 05:55:19 PM
I like this.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 06:33:38 PM
I'm quite glad you do!

Evilhumour

• The possessor of the almighty tail snap
  • hehe
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 07:38:56 PM
Hmm, that toast.... it looks familiar.

I know, it's super toast!

(07:46:59) Robak: watch the horns they are pointy
(22:04:28) Risu: omg, its raining antimuffins!
(00:42:42) * (Rage_plushie) doesn`t move. instead he ponders the secrets of the universe...and wonders why trask smells faintly of strawberries.
(00:36:36) Virmir: It's fattening celergy!

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 03:43:33 PM
okay, now for those sword pictures I said I would put up here!

Evilhumour

• The possessor of the almighty tail snap
  • hehe
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 10:10:41 PM
Neat!

(07:46:59) Robak: watch the horns they are pointy
(22:04:28) Risu: omg, its raining antimuffins!
(00:42:42) * (Rage_plushie) doesn`t move. instead he ponders the secrets of the universe...and wonders why trask smells faintly of strawberries.
(00:36:36) Virmir: It's fattening celergy!

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2011, 12:31:54 PM
Good news, everyone! I got my scanner working! Actual quality pictures can now be seen! Fenonian Drawing Quality Not Assured.

so I'm re-uploading the scanned drawings now, along with a new drawing I've been holding off on until I got my scanner to, well, scan.

These are the misc drawings pictured in the first post, all in one place, just as I drew them, because they're all small and I needed to fill the blank spaces somehow.  [:P

Misc Drawings

Emergency City is a favorite of mine, even though it's smudgy in some places and lopsided all over.

Emergency City

And here's a nasty creation of mine called a Gnasher! I rolled the concept for this horrible beastie around in my head for awhile, but actually drawing it gave me shivers by the time I was finished! I'm really, really pleased with how it turned out!

Gnasher

PrincessToyTime

• Chaotic Good Pooltoy/Plush hybrid Alicorn Princess
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 2
  • For my friends, with my friends, forever.
    • View Profile
    • Trask's FA! [Warning: Contains Toys, Tails and TF!]
Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 12:39:43 PM
Awesome collection of drawings! never stop, keep practicing and drawing more! [:)

(16:30:39) Virmir: You are a pony by default now? GAH HA HA
(16:31:04) Virmir: I never knew any true ponies.
(16:31:14) Virmir: I quite like your pony look.

Fen

• Secret Wizard
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: September 26, 2011, 11:35:51 AM
another load of art, coming through! A lot of this was experimentation, stuff like limbs, shading, quick-drawings, that kind of thing. certain areas are (much) rougher than others, but overall I really like the results.

Boneback lizards typically nest in piles of bones, leaping out when potential prey draws near, eating all the flesh from its bones, which are added to the pile.

Not much to say here. It's a big floating crystal thing in a dark cavern.
*shrug*

These are some horrible sharp nasty beasties I thought up of on the spot, originally I only drew the Swordsnout in the middle, but there was a lot of empty space  decided to fill in with other drawings, and I put their names next to each of them. The overall effect was like reading a page torn out of a journal to some horrible jungle place, so I wrote down little survival notes next to them as well!