Author Topic: Earth Eternal  (Read 59110 times)

Geary

• Pyro
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • I want to be a tree.
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: October 09, 2009, 02:31:19 PM
Zaiki Riontoro Level 5 Druid, and something else I can't remember at the moment.

Geary: That means you get a companion for four levels, then it gets an upgrade.
Draykin: A very PAINFUL upgrade.
* Digital_Vulpine eeps, since the rules don't specify that I'm exempt from the psychic link that Wizards have with their familiars. o_o;
Geary: GET YOUR PET DRUNK.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #16 on: October 09, 2009, 02:50:59 PM
EXP split thing: Oh, nice!  That actually encourages larger parties, then.

Hey Guys!

For Next-weekend, how about we get to Level 9 and Finish all the Corscia (and Mushroom island) Missions.

Then we can meet for the Earthrise missions, at that Camp with a bridge! (I forgot its name)! ]:)

Edit: I may have forgotten to consider we got Bonus Exp in the Closed beta, so level 7/8 then!

I rather like this idea.  The Corsica missions are pretty easy to do solo anyway, and the island probably isn't even big enough for a huge CF army running around. [;)

I haven't even begun playing yet, and some of the people here are first-timers and may want to take their time and adjust.  So tomorrow is too soon to get that far.  Let's make the first getogether next weekend.  To make things official:

First meetup:

Saturday, October 17th 6:00PM - 8:00PM (US Central Time) (EDIT: Made this an hour earlier.  See below)
Earthrise 2, First Camp (whatever it's called, the one on the east coast)
Level: 7-8

May adjust the levels, depending on how people play.  Try not to go over level 8!

To get there:

Just play all the missions in Corsica normally. After you do all those missions, you'll go through a bookshelf or something and end up in a tunnel. After fighting through the tunnel, you'll end up in Earthrise.  Click on the indicator in the upper right to switch over to Earthrise 2 (just picking one arbitrarily here). Look at the map and make your way to the first town/camp. Don't do any missions from this point on!  This is where we start playing together.

And by the way, I'll be a short gray fox mage named Kendo Virmir, specializing in fire spells. [;)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:45:36 AM by Virmir »

[fox] Virmir

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #17 on: October 10, 2009, 07:36:43 AM
2009.10.10 - 13:20:12) Stormkit: also, apparently it's a very bad idea to multi player quest the lighthouse
(2009.10.10 - 13:20:52) Virmir: Oh? Why's that?
(2009.10.10 - 13:22:57) Kenku: They Spawn larger?
(2009.10.10 - 13:26:19) Stormkit: no, something about only getting one token
(2009.10.10 - 13:26:34) Kenku: ah, cause the tokens are spread
(2009.10.10 - 13:26:46) Pontos: Oh, so it has to be done solo
(2009.10.10 - 13:27:10) Virmir: Ah, I see...

Actually no it dosen't have to be done solo! Dess and I have Partied together (were both lv 8 and waiting for you guys inearthrise actually) and in that mission we got 3 tokens but only one person can grab them and redeem them for items.

What we did was we Traded the Items so that he could give them too me. Right click on each other and select 'Trade' ,he then offering the items to me and I offered 1 copper in return, pressed accept and the items are redistributed. He was giving them to me so that I could save up for the EE CF Clan.

Also, You can do the mission again and again! ]:) Some items are worth 2 silver and getting 3 tokens means 6 silver! Easy Money ]:)

*This has been the EE SpokesKitty reporting from Earthrise 2*

*note to self: add Kizmar Bakiri, Cosmo Stormwalker, Zaiki *something* & Lopez Na___ to friends list*
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 07:46:47 AM by KaiAdin »

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #18 on: October 10, 2009, 01:42:29 PM
Oh, awesome. Did not know that.  I'll try that out tonight as that's my next mission. [;)

If all goes well, should be at level 8 and in the designated spot this evening. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 03:52:15 PM
Just a reminder...

Don't go past level 8!!

Don't do ANY missions in Earthrise!!

The whole point of this is to set a nice, slow-paced group thing that we can all play together synchronized once per week.  I imagine most people here will want to make a secondary, alternate character just to play with this group and have another character or two to play "seriously" apart from this at their own pace.

[fox] Virmir

William Swiftfoot

• Grey Fox Transformist
  • Enchanted Weapons Expert
  • "Join for drinks and enojy the side effects!"
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 06:25:11 PM
Hey all,

Figured Id post this and see what opinions were. Due to an Text/Dice RPG I play saturday nights, I can only play for one of the two hours of the meeting. Thus I was wondering if it could be run from 5-7EDT(6-8PST)?

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 10:18:59 PM
5 EDT is 6 central, so that would be 6-8PM US Central Time. I don't have any problems with bumping it up one hour.  Anyone else?

Also, I just reached the designated stopping point.  Who else is ready?  See you guys next Saturday!

[fox] Virmir

LoCk

• eater of souls. devourer of worlds.
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 1
  • Pirate otter! >:V
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 10:24:17 PM
We could set up a ventrilo server for us all to talk together in EE. and since we are just doing it for one day. just one of us could host the server for only an hour or so. i am pretty sure there is a chat.  i dont really use it mostly because the voice is easier to do in game.

if this doesn't work with every we can just set up a some big conference on skype so every can use the various input devices like keyboards and headsets

i think i can host it. i just need to mess with the servers to learn how to host.

here is the site for vent http://www.ventrilo.com/
and the one for skype  http://www.skype.com/

is that the sound of a geiger counter or my lifespan counting down? its both! here at black mesa when we say half life we mean it in more ways than one.

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 10:29:32 PM
5 EDT is 6 central, so that would be 6-8PM US Central Time. I don't have any problems with bumping it up one hour.  Anyone else?

Also, I just reached the designated stopping point.  Who else is ready?  See you guys next Saturday!

Yup, at the "Sek the Slavemaster quest" Aceept it, but dont do it guys! 

We could set up a ventrilo server for us all to talk together in EE. and since we are just doing it for one day. just one of us could host the server for only an hour or so. i am pretty sure there is a chat.  i dont really use it mostly because the voice is easier to do in game.

if this doesn't work with every we can just set up a some big conference on skype so every can use the various input devices like keyboards and headsets

Hmm! sounds like a good idea.. wonder what the others think?

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 10:30:06 PM
Hmmm... could look into getting this set up on Urocyon (the CF server) if people are interested.  However, I wouldn't use it as I don't have a microphone or any interest doing weird talking-over-the-internet stuff.  Text works fine for me. [;)

[fox] Virmir

Tvorsk

• That one dusty marsfox.
  • Server Manager
  • Anything can be solved if you'll try hard enough.
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: October 11, 2009, 06:27:39 AM
There are Linux versions of Teamspeak and Ventrilo servers... if you all will want one of them and Virmir will agree, I may try to get it running...

... just please note that Saturday is the update day, and thus the one with highest server load... I think it will keep up with everything, but I can't guarantee that without trying, as I never did set up a TS nor Ventrilo server, and have no idea how (in)efficient these specific apps are. There won't be a problem with bandwidth, but not sure what are the cpu and memory requirements.
* Tvorsk shrugs, "We'll see..."
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:34:08 AM by Tvorsk »

Thanks for reading,
-- Tvorsk

Draykin: And blast it, what is the world coming to when one cannot find a decent metal remix/cover of the Imperial March?

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #26 on: October 11, 2009, 10:44:29 AM
Interest seemed to wane a bit in the chat last night after I posted the above.  Would probably be better if everyone just stuck to text, so I could be in the conversation too. [;)

No one seemed to have have any reservations about making the meet-up an hour earlier, so I'm going to edit the above post to reflect that. Probably should stick the current meet-up in the first post too.

[fox] Virmir

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #27 on: October 11, 2009, 12:51:45 PM
Interest seemed to wane a bit in the chat last night after I posted the above.  Would probably be better if everyone just stuck to text, so I could be in the conversation too. [;)

(04:29:01) Virmir: What is the max party size, anyway?
(04:29:09) Kenku: I think its 5.
(04:29:17) Virmir nods.
(04:29:19) KaiAdin: haha, I wonder how many people will be around next saturday
(04:29:38) KaiAdin: theres a max?
(04:29:39) KaiAdin: didnt know that
(04:29:45) Virmir: If there's too many, we may have to split up and go on different shards so we don't get in each others' way.
(04:30:08) Kenku: Thats an interesting idea Vir.
(04:31:03) Kenku: This would mean were going to have to make sure everybody is in CF chat although, so that one group doesn't race far ahead of another.
(04:31:08) Virmir: If we have two separate parties, then we need to wait for monsters to regenerate and stuff before completing missions so that a member from each party can kill them.

Considering the two quotes... if there is a 5 member max Party size, then perhaps the 'alternate' party could have a teamspeak/ventrillo server? Talking to other experiences WoW/mmo players, having voice comms helps a bit. (especially when I usually play on a 12" Laptop, full screen, makes it hard to alt tab to the CF chat)

Virmir

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #28 on: October 11, 2009, 12:59:21 PM
That's fine with me.  Then I won't feel so left out as I can be on the text party. [;)

No need to pay attention to the CF chat though.  Text chat in the game works fine. [;)

[fox] Virmir

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #29 on: October 11, 2009, 01:12:10 PM
That's fine with me.  Then I won't feel so left out as I can be on the text party. [;)

No need to pay attention to the CF chat though.  Text chat in the game works fine. [;)

Oh but for inter-party communications XD... *when we have a clan there should be clan chat* but at the moment it may mean CF chat, so we dont spam Region chat if we do go on alternate shards.

Also an idea hit me... I mean we do have a few people ahead, perhaps an advanced 'scouting' party, might be useful? See the later missions... report back on objectives and where they are (later on the markers become 'inaccurate', and the missions become semi puzzle-ish) ]:O
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 01:25:52 PM by KaiAdin »