Author Topic: Draco Dormiens  (Read 11129 times)

Feathertail

• Crimson Flag Fan
  • Writing is flight!
    • View Profile
    • Tachyon Feathertail's LiveJournal
on: October 06, 2009, 03:02:10 PM
It's a new story, and this time it's set in a medieval fantasy world! Should be right up a Crimson Flag fan's alley. ^.^

You can read it here: http://www.becomeyourfursona.com/2009/10/draco-dormiens/

If you decide to comment, maybe leave a review on the site itself so I can test out the new anti-spam plugin! Many thanks! And remember, I do take both commissions and requests!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 01:28:00 AM by Feathertail »

Tree swallow avatar pic by Millislim!

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #1 on: October 06, 2009, 04:08:59 PM
Hmm, I was thinking FT,do you want Full reviews?

I'm not really good at giving those ]:P I hardly ever find things big things to critique in a story except perhaps small things on how the world works and such, maybe it would be cool to have some sort of 'comments' section?

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Feathertail

• Crimson Flag Fan
  • Writing is flight!
    • View Profile
    • Tachyon Feathertail's LiveJournal
Reply #2 on: October 06, 2009, 04:42:21 PM

I'm not really good at giving those ]:P I hardly ever find things big things to critique in a story except perhaps small things on how the world works and such, maybe it would be cool to have some sort of 'comments' section?

You may be right! Calling them "reviews" instead of "comments" does sort of lead people to that. I guess I was thinking of places like Fanfiction.net, where reviews are basically comments with a different name.

What do you suggest?

Tree swallow avatar pic by Millislim!

KaiAdin

• Evil Feline Ice Mage
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 3
  • *Pokes* Mewhahahaha!
    • View Profile
    • KC Central Nexus
Reply #3 on: October 06, 2009, 04:59:02 PM

You may be right! Calling them "reviews" instead of "comments" does sort of lead people to that. I guess I was thinking of places like Fanfiction.net, where reviews are basically comments with a different name.

What do you suggest?

Hmm, well simply 'renaming them comments would be the easyiest, but if there was like some drop down box to like Tag comments as either 'Reviews' or 'Comments' might be cool too.

With like comments having a smaller char limit, and possibly being ordered before (or after) the reviews , dunno of Wordpress had a plugin or whatever for that though. ]:)

* (Kai|MentosKitty) is Fresh and Full of life!
(Kai|MentosKitty): X3
Tvorsk: Kitty - The Mewmaker.

Virmir

• Chaotic Neutral Cartoon Gray Fox Mage
  • Administrator
  • Mage of Caerreyn, Level 4
  • These sorts of things happen.
    • View Profile
    • virmir.com
Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 09:06:04 PM
Ooops, I had half-written a reply the other day, but got distracted. [;)

The setting seems a little DnD-ish, as in I felt like there was a little prerequisite in understanding background happenings in the world that I wasn't really familiar with.  Didn't really distract from the story, though.  I rather like the idea of him stuck as a dragon, begrudgingly helping them out and finding out it's not all that great.  It was a happy ending, which was good.  And cool that he got the best of both worlds.  However, I think it would have made for a stronger story if the solution to his problems didn't just fall into his lap like that.

Still, rather enjoyed this!  You never fail to entertain.  Looking forward to the next one. [:)

[fox] Virmir