Crimson Flag Comic Forums
July 06, 2015, 08:30:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 1 
 on: July 05, 2015, 09:20:54 PM 
Started by Medik Jackal - Last post by Virmir
"Good boy, Mike.  I'd give you a fish if I had one.  Also, hands."

 2 
 on: July 05, 2015, 06:47:58 PM 
Started by Medik Jackal - Last post by Stormkit
Mike looks from horsey to toothy uncertainly at first. "Then... if want to do same thing... we can do both? Get money... and armor. And... oh! Oh! I have money!" he exclaims, taking that coin he nabbed earlier out from whereever he hid it in the ways of secret otter-fu. He'll hold it up in the air proudly.

 3 
 on: July 05, 2015, 04:31:02 PM 
Started by Medik Jackal - Last post by Virmir
"... Reeeeally?  You cut me off and then suggest the *exact* same thing?" I roll my eyes theatrically.  "Listen, cold-cult boy, I know you're traumatized from turning into some weird eel thing, but these sorts of things happen.  You and I will fight again *after* this mess is all cleared up, but in the meantime, do try to keep quiet and follow along.  Trees."

 4 
 on: July 05, 2015, 04:06:48 PM 
Started by Virmir - Last post by VirBot


The most difficult part of my recovery has been resisting the urge to break daily drawing quota and turn everyone I know into magical girls.

 5 
 on: July 04, 2015, 09:21:19 PM 
Started by Medik Jackal - Last post by Radioactive_Toast
The explanation that they are subsequently given is almost a bit more than Yilin can process in his current state.  Almost.  He *is* a genius after all.

Any opportunity to ask any questions is cut short when the annoying former fox opens his mouth.  "Can we go back to him being a mute seahorse?  He was a lot more tolerable.  Why are we even bothering listening to him?" Spining around, Yilin faces the group.  "Alright we need cash, and we need it now.  I'm not going back in there without some form of armor against those blasted spikes and water jets.  We need to find someone willing to give it... or someone not paying attention..."

 6 
 on: July 04, 2015, 08:48:04 PM 
Started by Medik Jackal - Last post by Virmir
"HARUMPH.  Chains are hardly necessary--but I'll accept your offer if you can find a cure.  And of course, some sort of further recompensation would be nice--perhaps you have some magical trinkets or extra gold lying around."

I turn to the other three and puff out my chest (lacking the ability to make many other gestures), taking charge of the situation.  "These three will need weapons and armor--I don't suppose you would have anything that would fit my frame.  We'll also need some spending money in case we need anything around town.  Also, we'll need you to keep those blasted soldiers off our backs if we run into them again."

What is a hair-em anyway?  Some sort of hair band?  We probably don't need that.

I then address the others, "we'll sneak back into the arena--it shouldn't be too hard to get back in since they let us go freely.  We'll just need to find the places they don't want us to go.  Then we'll find out what in blazes is going on here, get out, get changed back and go our separate ways, sound fair?  I'll bet it's the blasted tentacle thing.  It's always the blasted tentacle thing..."

 7 
 on: July 04, 2015, 06:12:47 PM 
Started by Medik Jackal - Last post by Medik Jackal
The sea witch seems pretty perturbed by the group in front of... it? He/she holds up a hand to instruct the to stop and goes in order. "First of all, here," they say, and gives Virmir a slight *jzap* of weird green electricity. With it, he can feel some semblance of vocal cords forming, allowing him to speak again.

"Next." They gesture at their table in a sweeping motion. "I've been studying the old religions and cities of the sea, seeing as there's pretty little to do up here in my tower. The old arena near here - which I'm sure is what you were referencing, vorzh-man, or surfacer as you may have been before - has since been stolen over by skum and their eldritch leaders, the aboleth. I think you might have seen one or two of them, based on what I could see of your recent memories. Anyway, the arena was part of a greater nation before belonging to a race of shapeshifters. Their name has been lost to history; their abilities have not. I'm theorizing here - and this is a working theory - that the intense magic, stress, and collection of unique races and backgrounds provoked latent magic and imbued it into you four. It just so happens that the stress, physical pain, and magic bring out that sort of change due to what first bound it to you."

They take a deep breath and point at Attor. "It's entirely possible that you won't change at all and completely refute my theory, but I would think that you'll be experiencing a similar change when you come close to death."

"Now, it's also possible that these skum and aboleth were what bound the unwilling changes to you as well. Maybe some sort of odd idea of forced evolution wormed into their heads from some elder gods. Regardless," they finish, "you will find more answers back in that arena, if that is what you wish. With this odd sort of enhancement, I don't think you will be perishing from anything but starvation, disease, and old age anymore."

They cast something else, and transparent manacles bind around your wrists and ankles. The magical chains connect to each other. They don't limit your movement or body in any way UNLESS someone moves too far from the group as a whole. The sea witch beams. "To prevent any of you from ditching the rest. I need these answers as much as you all do. You will return with the knowledge you learn. I will write amazing scrolls on the topic and spread tales of your heroism. And, of course, I will work on formulating some sort of dispell for this enhancement, should you want it. Is there anything else before you head back? Gear, food, a harem?"

 8 
 on: July 03, 2015, 02:01:25 AM 
Started by Medik Jackal - Last post by Radioactive_Toast
"You looked pretty dead to me back in that arena!" Yilin gurgles with his too-wide mouth, before shuddering at how odd his slimy body feels.  "Just... ugh!  Why do this?" he turns back to face the mer-person behind the desk.  "Do you even know who it was who did this to us?"

 9 
 on: July 02, 2015, 02:36:13 PM 
Started by Virmir - Last post by BlueDragon62

Updated plots for July, considering the new data.  I only did the linear model for each arm this time, though I did add in confidence bands (90%) around the fitted line predictions.  As one might expect, the high standard deviations and the deviant data points result in a relatively poor extrapolation uncertainty on the fitted models.  As we get closer to approaching a pain factor of zero on each arm, the uncertainty should reduce considerably.

 10 
 on: July 01, 2015, 06:51:14 PM 
Started by Medik Jackal - Last post by Stormkit
Mike non-literally shrinks a bit from the arguing. "Can't be dead. Alive. Alive, not dead," he insists.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10