(Closed! Thanks for playing!)
As many of you know, while most Pokemon-fans are playing X/Y on this newfangled 3DS thing, I have in the meantime frugally and super-intelligently revived my Gameboy Color Pokemon Gold cartridge by soldering in a new battery, (and am actually having way more fun with it than I did the first time around-- usually it doesn't happen that way!) Unfortunately it seems that using that cheap magic soldering iron
from Hong Kong (I didn’t want to invest in a good one, this being my first soldering and all) as well as using a magic-crystal battery
(as opposed to lithium-crystal) has made the cartridge... a little unstable.
As is well documented, retro gaming devices tend to have mystical transformative powers
, and three CF community members happened to be standing next to me when my Gameboy exploded. GAH!
HOW IT WORKS:
- If you are interested in being a contender for accidental Pokemonizational Radiation Discharge, post below! Three people will be randomly selected to get Poke-ized along with me in a group pic.
- Roll 1d251 with your post. The number you get will correspond to the number of the pokemon you potentially *might* get turned into. (You don't get a choice! Mystical retro gaming devices are seriously chaotic dangerous magic!) Note that we're only going up to 251 as that's all that existed in ye olde Gold. Easy list here
- If you get the same number as someone who rolled previously, please roll again.
- If you do not like the number you get, you may edit your post and withdraw. If you withdraw, that's it! No zapping for you. You only get one roll (except for the case of a duplicate above).
- Please post a reference of the character who might be subject to the Pokemonizational Radiation Discharge. A description is fine if you don't have a ref (don't spend too much time on it though because remember only three people will "win". You may request someone else's character so long as the character's owner is okay with it.
- This is open to CF members who have joined before the time of this posting.
On Friday, November 22nd
, right before bed I will roll 3d251. The three entries closest to my three rolls will be in a group pic with me as we all get transformed into our numbers via magical Gameboy explosion. In the event two numbers are equidistant from a value I roll, I will pick the lower number. I will then roll 1d251 myself to determine my fate. Unfortunately I do not get to opt out if I get something horrifying like Jinx. *toon-sweatdrops*
I will likely sketch this pic this weekend and then finish it the next. I think I want to place this one notch lower priority than getting a Virmir-World page out so along with commissions and Leaf Death Nightmare 2013, part 2, so there is a possibility for this to get pushed back a bit.